Good morning everyone and happy Friday! As the standard work week winds down, here are some stories to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Mitch Haniger appears to be ready to take over as a staple atop the lineup, writes Corey Brock at The Athletic. ($)
- Get ‘em before they’re gone!
After 10 years affiliated with the Seattle Mariners, we want to give our fans one last opportunity to get our "Mariner Monday" caps!! Take advantage of our Goodbye Mariners sale with hats available online for just $10 each!! #LumberUp #GoodbyeMariners https://t.co/zy8nUVQF5o pic.twitter.com/o8t5Ah1OU8— Clinton LumberKings (@LumberKings) September 27, 2018
Around the league...
- Everything went wrong on this play.
What an outstanding baseball highlight pic.twitter.com/UxxKCn8BAe— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) September 27, 2018
- Jacob deGrom’s season is over, and he was incredible.
Jacob deGrom made 32 starts this season.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) September 27, 2018
He allowed 0 runs in 8 starts
He allowed 1 run in 10 starts
He allowed 2 runs in 5 starts
He allowed 3 runs in 8 starts
He allowed 4 runs in 1 start
He never allowed more than four runs in any start
- Make of this what you will...
Did ... Bryce Harper just say goodbye to DC? pic.twitter.com/NdkPX4Oz8o— SB Nation (@SBNation) September 27, 2018
- Congratulations to the Diamondbacks on being the “Team of the Offseason” in 2018-2019.
There may be no team that has a more intriguing winter than the Arizona #Dbacks. They’ll undergo a massive overhaul of their #MLB roster where virtually everyone but Paul Goldschmidt will be available while free agents Pat Corbin and AJ Pollock will be departing— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) September 27, 2018
- Marc Normandin says it’s the Red Sox’s fault that the Orioles are as bad as they are.
- CC Sabathia was tossed for plunking Jesus Sucre and lost half a million dollars as a result.
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs wrote about the amazing Willians Astudillo, who hadn’t struck out all month. As fate would have it, he struck out just hours after the article was published.
- Get well soon, Steve!