Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Here are some stories to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it...
Hishashi Iwakuma throws out first pitch before tonight’s game to ... Ichiro, of course. Will miss Kuma. Best of luck back in Japan. pic.twitter.com/3ZlvbZdkRA— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) September 27, 2018
- If there was any doubt.
Around the league...
- You talk about having power to all fields...
- All is fun and games when you’ve got a playoff spot locked up.
- I didn’t even know he was still playing.
- So the Marlins outfield hasn’t been great since these three left.
Christian Yelich: 6.8 WAR— Jeff Sullivan (@based_ball) September 26, 2018
Giancarlo Stanton: 3.5 WAR
Marcell Ozuna: 2.7 WAR
Marlins outfield: 1.4 WAR
- If you need a good cry this morning...
On This Date: Two years ago, in his first at-bat following the death of Jose Fernandez, Dee Gordon homered deep to right field.— ESPN (@espn) September 26, 2018
It was Gordon's only home run of the season. pic.twitter.com/YyFLWvV9zy
- John Gibbons will not be brought back to manage the Blue Jays in 2019.
- Kate Preusser appeared in the latest edition of Short Relief to talk about her experience watching our very own John Trupin play championship baseball.
- Bryce Harper would like to stay in Washington beyond this season, according to a recent article with The Washington Post.
- Sam Miller wonders what conclusions we can draw from the half-season we got from Shohei Ohtani.
- Matt Harvey is willing to sign with any team except for the Mets this offseason.
- Braves shortstop Dansby Swanson has a partially torn ligament in his left hand and might not be available for parts of the postseason.
- A U.S. hockey player married a Canadian hockey player.