It feels weird to win 13-0 and get officially eliminated from the playoffs in the same night. I guess that’s just how it goes. I want to make it known, though, that you can eliminate our playoff chances, but you cannot eliminate our links.
In Mariners News...
- Read this article to see which Mariner hit the “worst home run of the year.”
- Jerry Dipoto talks about a Mariners roster that is in the middle of the American League standings.
- The Mariners will not qualify for the post season for the 17th year in a row.
The A's walk off the Twins, 3-2. With that, the Mariners are officially eliminated from the playoffs for the 17th consecutive season. pic.twitter.com/UtxeraFl13— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) September 23, 2018
- Not necessarily a stat you want to duplicate.
The Mariners are officially eliminated from postseason contention. They become the first MLB team to blow this big of a playoff-contending lead since... the 2003 Seattle Mariners.— Seattle Sportsnet (@alexSSN) September 23, 2018
Around the League...
- The Indians strike batters out like it’s going out of style.
The 2018 Indians are the first team in MLB history with 4 pitchers with 200 strikeouts each.— Sarah Langs (@SlangsOnSports) September 22, 2018
- Gabriel Guerrero just hit his first MLB home run.
- Oakland is a game away from clinching their spot in the playoffs.
- The Yankees have also booked their spot in the post season.
- Javy Baez makes plays in the field.
- Ty Jones is a machine.