Good morning everyone! Last night sure was fun, huh? While you gear up for this Thursday, here are some stories to get you going.
In Mariners news...
- Some context for last night...
#Mariners second-ever shutout win in Houston. The other: June 21, 2002. Jamie Moyer had 11 strikeouts. Dan Wilson HR'd.— Aaron Goldsmith (@heygoldy) September 20, 2018
- We’ve had a lot of affiliate news on here lately, so here’s some involving the Mariners.
- And some M’s injury news.
Felix Hernandez will rejoin Mariners in Arlington on Friday and he and Paxton will both throw bullpen sessions there before Servais decides where they'll slot back in for final week. Paxton says he'd like to get 2 more starts to push innings up to 160 range if possible.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) September 19, 2018
Around the league...
- Great young Braves players seem to grow on trees.
Touki Toussaint, Back-to-Back Curveballs to K Ozuna (and Ozuna's reactions). pic.twitter.com/qmAmqSUSVr— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) September 19, 2018
- Yasiel Puig had his home broken into...for the fourth time.
- A pair of Rangers players will undergo season-ending surgery.
- Wow, that’s a steep price to pay.
The Tigers have acquired minor league RHP Logan Shore from the A's as the second PTBNL for Mike Fiers. Shore was the A's No. 10 prospect entering the year— Kyle Glaser (@KyleAGlaser) September 19, 2018
- Britni de la Cretaz did a neat story about how most sports teams’ social media accounts are managed by women.
- The Yankees have brought back closer Aroldis Chapman from the disabled list as we head down the stretch of the regular season.
- Giants first baseman Brandon Belt will likely undergo knee surgery soon.
- For those of you who might have been wondering...