Dee Gordon robs Mike Trout. pic.twitter.com/3fZ6zuoax9— USA TODAY Sports (@usatodaysports) September 15, 2018
According to Ryan Divish, members of the Angels’ media didn’t take fondly to Gordon’s reaction.
Make the catch. Have some fun. Though the Angels radio broadcast said Dee Gordon was showboating. #FunPolice— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) September 15, 2018
Is it just me or is that the most ridiculous thing to be upset about. Imagine not reacting after robbing Mike Trout of a home run? That sounds impossible.
I hope you celebrate like Dee Gordon after reading these links.
In Mariners News...
- You can buy Nelson Cruz shirts now.
- Mark Simon of the Athletic looks at the pitchers that have gotten the least help from their defenses ($). SPOILER: A Mariner is on the list.
- Daniel Vogelbach, Cal Raleigh, and Julio Rodriguez earned recognition from Baseball America as their respective minor league classification all-stars.
- Dee Gordon is maintaining a positive attitude through the Mariners’ rough end to the season.
Dee Gordon on a season that's featured injuries including an un-healing broken toe, positions switches before the season and during it, struggles at the plate and lost a playoff chance for the team: pic.twitter.com/AlR3MUhRhP— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) September 15, 2018
Around the League...
- Two international prospects were declared eligible free agents.
Source: International prospects Victor Victor Mesa and Victor Mesa Jr. have been declared free agents and are eligible to sign. #Cuba— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) September 14, 2018
- The Braves just placed former Mariner Luiz Gohara on the 60-day DL.
.@Braves reinstate RHP Arodys Vizcaíno from 60-day DL; place LHP Luiz Gohara (shoulder soreness) on 60-day DL.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) September 14, 2018
- The Angels have a ballpark restaurant with food options dedicated to players (and one to Mike Scioscia).
okay this is pretty dang cool pic.twitter.com/iyXC55tLnd— Jen Mac Ace Neptune Ramos (@jenmacramos) September 14, 2018
- The best player in baseball will play for the Angels for the rest of his career.
- Mike Trout also currently leads baseball in OPS. The players tied for fifth are both significantly younger than I am.
Current OPS leaders in MLB (min. 400 PA):— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) September 15, 2018
1. Mike Trout, 1.085
2. Mookie Betts, 1.053
3. J.D. Martinez, 1.035
4. Jose Ramirez, .965
T5. Ronald Acuña, .959
T5. Juan Soto, .959
Acuña is 20 years old. Soto is 19 years old.
- This is very cool.
Thought this was worth sharing. She’s 9 years old. ⚾️ pic.twitter.com/RJlarXYOgU— Matt Lisle (@CoachLisle) September 14, 2018
- Former Mariner Adrian Beltre continues to climb up the all-time hits leader board.
With his double in the 7th inning, Beltré ties George Brett for 15th all-time in career hits.— Texas Rangers (@Rangers) September 15, 2018
Congrats, Adrián! pic.twitter.com/HQMDhZBkq6
- Jeff Sullivan breaks down the arrival of the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Sullivan also discusses the newest member of the Athletics, Ramon Laureano.
- Everyone can appreciate a bunt double.
- The Huskies play Utah tomorrow to begin conference play.
- Arena Update!