Hello everyone! I hope you’re all having a good week so far. Let’s keep the good vibes going with some links.
In Mariners news...
- Well, shoot. The Mariners made Nellie sad.
Just talked to Nelson Cruz in the clubhouse. He appeared to be holding back some emotions. Said it’s frustrating to be in this position and noted that he came to Seattle to get them to the playoffs and hasn’t been able to do that.— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) September 13, 2018
- At least Nelson Cruz collected his 1,000th career RBI yesterday.
- Manny Acta has made an important discovery.
Around the league...
- Carson Cistulli at Fangraphs aims to figure out who would be baseball’s home run king in space.
- In a great longform piece at The Athletic, Dan Connolly talked about Dylan Bundy and the personal struggles he has had to go through in his career. ($)
- Even his catcher is having some trouble figuring it out.
Carlos Martinez, Filthy 89mph Changeup (and Yadi trying to guess what the pitch was). pic.twitter.com/TP8yhzIkFs— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) September 11, 2018
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs notes that there are some weird park factors going on for the Mets at Citi Field.
- Craig Edwards takes a deeper look into the incredible seasons of Edwin Díaz and Blake Treinen.
- This is very good news for the Cubs.
Yu Darvish got a second opinion and underwent an arthroscopic debridement today. He's expected to be ready to go for spring training in 2019.— Sahadev Sharma (@sahadevsharma) September 12, 2018
- It’s no surprise that the A’s have been doing a lot of things right this season.
- Top Padres prospect Luis Urías will likely miss the rest of the season due to a hamstring injury.
- Pirates outfielder Gregory Polanco underwent shoulder surgery yesterday.
- Joe Mauer is considering retirement once this season comes to a close.