Hey folks! Good morning. This will be the last batch of links that I will be posting for about a week as I will be in the process of moving from Seattle to North Carolina. The staff here will take good care of you and I’ll be back shortly. For today, here are some fresh links for you.
In Mariners news...
- Here’s where you can catch Robbie this weekend.
1/2 @RobinsonCano scheduled to rehab in Everett this Thursday through Sunday for a @MajLeaguePizza Major League Rehab Appearance!— Everett AquaSox (@EverettAquaSox) August 7, 2018
Tickets are available for purchase through our website at https://t.co/oIsmpAvuLj or by calling our front office (425) 258-3673. pic.twitter.com/3aAGx7xztO
- In case you missed this yesterday...
King Felix striking out Beltré....and then cracking up laughing.— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 8, 2018
Never retire. Either of you. pic.twitter.com/DHQYvajkTW
- Former Lookout Landing writer Ethan Novak wrote about the M’s struggles at leadoff this season.
- That’s pretty neat.
Around the league...
- A minor league baseball player got so mad at an umpire that he replaced him with a trash can in the middle of a tirade.
- Well this is an interesting development in the Luke Heimlich story.
According to the #CPBL official, the league have decided not to approve Luke Heimlich's contract.— CPBL STATS (@GOCPBL) August 7, 2018
The league also demand the #Lamigo Monkeys to terminate Heimlich's contract immediately.
The CPBL have a zero tolerance policy on players with criminal history. https://t.co/3gRO0Te9Dj
- Uh oh...
We guess the A's ran out of hats for Mike Fiers. pic.twitter.com/Fbbn3quTiI— Cut4 (@Cut4) August 7, 2018
- Man, this is wild.
"Every time you go to the ballpark, you have a chance to see something you've never seen before." pic.twitter.com/jM2Zk1IwK5— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 7, 2018
- It hasn’t been a great season for Jacoby Ellsbury.
Update on OF Jacoby Ellsbury: pic.twitter.com/Uw2JSOLfBR— Yankees PR Dept. (@YankeesPR) August 7, 2018
- Speaking of the Yankees, New York broadcaster Michael Kay and Clint Frazier got into a scuffle online relating to the outfielder’s injury issues.
- Can you guess which ballpark these images represent based on just one small snapshot for each? I got one wrong on “hard” mode.
- The Moose Tracks are officially a Juan Soto fanpage now.
Juan Soto adds another opposite-field data point to his gorgeous spray chart. pic.twitter.com/qgCdFMvTbE— Andrew Simon (@AndrewSimonMLB) August 7, 2018
- Braves broadcaster Joe Simpson was recently in the news for complaining about the Dodgers’ batting practice uniforms. Yesterday he implied that Juan Soto might not really be 19 years old.
- This is cruel and also brilliant.
Whoever put up this fake sticker of an open outlet at the airport, you are now my enemy for life. pic.twitter.com/TYEJKmY6Zg— Brandon Ewing (@Atrioc) August 6, 2018
- Apparently the Las Vegas Aces’ players decided to not show up because they had 25 hours of travel directly before the game and they were concerned about their health. This sounds like something the league schedulers need to address.