Good morning everyone! Happy Monday. Here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Congratulations, Pat!
RAINIERS WIN!! Tacoma bounces Colorado Springs, 9-3.— Tacoma Rainiers (@RainiersLand) August 5, 2018
This was the 270th victory of Pat Listach's Tacoma career, making him the 4th winningest manager in franchise history! pic.twitter.com/OFP5qoFBAl
- Poor dude.
Turns out that trying to catch a baseball with poutine DOESN'T work.— Cut4 (@Cut4) August 5, 2018
Who knew? ♂️ pic.twitter.com/HyOHGWMtBx
Update: according to my source with the King County Sheriff’s office, last night’s streaker is still incarcerated. Since he is an Irish national, he could now be deported. Charges are very serious. All this because I’m told his buddies bet him $80..— Hazel Mae (@thehazelmae) August 5, 2018
- Here’s something you might not have known about Ryon.
For those wondering what Ryon Healy writes in the dirt when he steps to the plate... it's RCF. Stands for right center field. As a reminder of where he wants to hit the ball.— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) August 5, 2018
Around the league...
- Reports surfaced yesterday that Angels’ manager Mike Scioscia was planning on stepping down at the end of the year, but he answered these accusations in Scioscia-esque fashion.
Mike Scioscia said “nothing’s changed since October” regarding his job status. Called reports of him stepping down “poppycock.” (Yes, he said that.) Also said he still “loves” managing. Cut off other questions.— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) August 5, 2018
- Rays infielder Daniel Robertson will undergo surgery on his thumb and will likely be out for the season.
- There are some changes in the Angels’ organization.
Call up! Bees Manager Keith Johnson will be joining the @Angels Major League coaching staff. Effective today, Angels Special Assistant Eric Chavez will assume managerial responsibilities for the Bees through the conclusion of the 2018 season. pic.twitter.com/9ECtBnJGCE— Salt Lake Bees (@SaltLakeBees) August 5, 2018
- Lance McCullers appears to be in trouble. The reliever is having elbow issues and will have it evaluated soon.
- Roberto Osuna has arrived in Houston.
The Astros have reinstated RHP Roberto Osuna from the restricted list today and have added him to the active roster...he will take the roster spot of RHP Lance McCullers Jr., who was placed on the 10-day DL with right elbow discomfort.— Houston Astros (@astros) August 5, 2018
- Buster Olney thinks that it’s only a matter of time before something changes with position players pitching.
- The A’s have acquired the former Mariner who had reportedly been a clubhouse problem in Washington.
- As a potential replacement for Kelley, the Nationals are close to a deal with right-hander Greg Holland.
- Join the Lookout Landing team and get involved by helping out a great cause!
We are raising as much money as we can for bradenbishop7’s #4MOM fundraiser Friday at @EverettAquaSox!#JSLAM is in a heated competition with @LookoutLanding to see who can raise the most!— Jessamyn McIntyre (@JessamynMcIntyr) August 5, 2018
Use #TeamJSLAM or #TeamLL and screenshot your donation receipt: https://t.co/dVju5MXj9t