Hi. The Mariners need to win today at 1:10 PT to avoid getting swept by the Blue Jays. You need to read the links to avoid not reading the links.
In Mariners News...
- Here are a few important Mariner updates.
A few tidbits ...— Corey Brock (@CoreyBrockMLB) August 4, 2018
-- Felix Hernandez will make his regular turn in the rotation (Tuesday).
-- Dee Gordon's ankle is still sore. He's not in the lineup.
-- Erasmo Ramirez will start for Triple-A Tacoma on Sunday.
-- We're selling our Britax B-Ready double stroller. It's time.
- Ben Gamel raked last night in Tacoma.
Rainiers win 9-3!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 5, 2018
Ben Gamel 4-5, 2 2B, 3R, 2RBI
Gordon Beckham 3-4, 2B, 2RBI
Seth Mejias-Brean 2-5, 2B, 2R, RBI
David Freitas 1-4, RBI, BB
Daniel Vogelbach 1-3, 2RBI, BB, SF
Andrew Aplin 2-4, 2B, 2R, BB
John Andreoli 1-4, BB
Casey Lawrence 5IP, 3H, 1R, 0BB, 6K, WIN
Around the League...
- Minor league players are criminally underpaid.
Most minor leaguers make an estimated $7,500 a year. https://t.co/2Z80yvIXGJ— NPR (@NPR) August 4, 2018
- Bad injury news for a pair of NL West teams.
- Ian Kinsler is headed to the DL as well.
.@RedSox place 2B Ian Kinsler (left hamstring strain) on 10-day DL; select INF Tony Renda from Triple-A Pawtucket; transfer 2B Dustin Pedroia to 60-day DL.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 4, 2018
- The Dodgers say they won’t employ players with histories of domestic violence.
Good to know. They better stick to it, though. pic.twitter.com/5Prqq7yVTb— Chad Moriyama (@ChadMoriyama) August 4, 2018
- Johan Santana is permanently part of Minnesota Twins history.
- Go Storm.
Fun with numbers: Over their last three home games, the Storm have posted an average attendance of 10,479.— Reporter Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) August 4, 2018
That's a higher average that the Miami Marlins have posted to this point this season (9.809).
- Hard not to love Yu Darvish.
Darvish was asked if he'll talk to A-Rod when he comes to town next weekend. He said if A-Rod texts him, he'll screenshot it, print it and frame it. We all laughed and as he walked away, Yu said, "I'm not joking."— Sahadev Sharma (@sahadevsharma) August 4, 2018
- Mike Scioscia is wrapping up his final year as the Angel’s manager.
- How good have the Athletics been recently?
- This is a very interesting read about Ray Lewis and his relationship with the media.