Walked into empty #Mariners clubhouse postgame after 4th consecutive loss before about all walked in. Clearly a players-only meeting transpired.— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) August 4, 2018
These past few weeks have been difficult, but let’s remember there are 52 games remaining in the season. So much can happen between now and the post season. The Mariners need to right the ship, but have plenty of time to do so. Let’s rally in belief! GO M’s!
In Mariners News...
- Scott Servais stopped by a Seahawks practice yesterday.
Mariners manager Scott Servais taking in Seahawks practice today. pic.twitter.com/gWAh6gOPK0— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 3, 2018
- Felix Hernandez reflects on his career with Seattle and his team’s playoff push.
- Juan Nicasio’s knee has him headed to the DL. Chasen Bradford is headed back up to Seattle in return.
Nicasio to the DL with knee inflammation. Bradford back up.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) August 4, 2018
- Juan Nicasio has fought through his knee pain for a while.
Juan Nicasio said his knee has been killing him lately. He sat frustrated at his #Mariners locker today awaiting MRI results and staring at 6.00 season ERA. "The whole year has been tough. I try to fight every day, but I can't." https://t.co/g6BaR5ua4u— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) August 4, 2018
Around the League...
- Read about Adam Jones’ decision to refuse trades at the trade deadline.
- Zach McAllister’s long stay in Cleveland has come to an end.
Roster move:— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) August 3, 2018
- LHP Andrew Miller activated from DL
- RHP Zach McAllister designated for assignment
One of the longest tenured Indians, ZMac’s been with our organization since 2010. We thank him and wish him all good things. pic.twitter.com/vtkPFD6x9D
- Tommy Pham, who recently was acquired by the Rays, hurt his foot.
- Joe Kelly may or may not have found Tony LaRussa’s World Series ring.
Hey @TonyLaRussa I might have something you are looking for... thanks for using my glove during the first pitch ceremony #finderskeepers #findersfee #trilliondollars @RedSox @Cardinals pic.twitter.com/ucxRCK38EZ— Joe Kelly Jr. (@JosephKellyJr) August 3, 2018
- If has been a rough year for top 100 prospects.
Hunter Greene is the fifth preseason @BaseballAmerica Top 100 prospect to suffer UCL damage this year.— Kyle Glaser (@KyleAGlaser) August 3, 2018
Of the 44 pitchers on the preseason Top 100, 14 (31.8 pct) are on the disabled list https://t.co/mr6pTOsi8o
- Chris Archer is enjoying his new home.
What a game! What an atmosphere! You guys were beyond belief. Let’s gooooooo pic.twitter.com/j8DDR2B4uu— Chris Archer (@ChrisArcher22) August 4, 2018
- Oakland’s Matt Chapman has been incredible this year.
- ZiPS has projections for both the American League and National League following the trade deadline. Here’s the AL. Here’s the NL.
- This sounds like the scariest thing ever.
Seattle's Space Needle just got a see-through floor, and it revolves. It's the world's first and only revolving glass floor, nestled atop the observation deck. https://t.co/xqqKiq5Z8K pic.twitter.com/LC7t73ZEWx— CNN (@CNN) August 3, 2018
- Fall camp has started for Husky Football.