Hi, everyone. Look who’s starting for the AquaSox tomorrow!
Starting Pitchers on Sunday.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) August 26, 2018
Mariners: Mike Leake
Rainiers: Ross Detwiler
Travelers: Williams Perez
Nuts: Reggie McClain
LumberKings: Ryne Inman
AquaSox: Hisashi Iwakuma
AZL Mariners: TBA (Season Finale)
TJ Cotterill wrote about Iwakuma’s persistence a few days ago, as he continues to fight to return to big league action. He’s apparently scheduled to throw one inning for Everett tomorrow.
Check out what else is happening around baseball in the links below!
In Mariners News...
- Edwin Diaz tallied his 50th save. Time for Scott Servais to get a haircut.
- He is the youngest player to ever record 50 saves.
Edwin Diaz becomes youngest player in MLB history to reach 50 saves in a season ... a mark only reached 16 times before. He has 32 games left to try to reach Francisco Rodriguez’s record of 62.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 26, 2018
- Evan White has had a power surge to close out his impressive year.
- Here is a ridiculously good cutter.
Álex Colomé, Filthy 92mph Cutter (home plate view/path) pic.twitter.com/6rfmbrBSQG— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 25, 2018
- Starting pitching updates from Ryan Divish.
Felix Hernandez will start Tuesday in San Diego and Marco Gonzales will start on Wednesday.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 25, 2018
- Julio Rodriguez earned recognition for his phenomenal play is DSL.
- Daniel Vogelbach was put on the 7-day disabled list.
Tacoma Rainiers first baseman Dan Vogelbach has been placed on the 7-day disabled list with a hamstring injury suffered while running the bases last night.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) August 26, 2018
- Former Mariner Tyler O’Neill is asking for fans to vote for his Players’ Weekend nickname.
What should my #playersweekend nickname be for next year?— Tyler O'Neill (@toneill21) August 25, 2018
Around the League...
- Baseball used to be weird.
Early MLB games had so many dumb rules that teams spent most of the game trying to take advantage of them pic.twitter.com/doNI00SYoD— SB Nation (@SBNation) August 25, 2018
- After the Mariners beat the Diamondbacks twice, the race for the NL West got super tight.
- The lights went out last night when the Dodgers hosted San Diego.
There has been a power outage at Dodger Stadium. We’re in a delay as the lights are turned back on.— San Diego Padres (@Padres) August 26, 2018
- This article highlights the craziest cleats of Players’ Weekend.
- Craig Edwards considers potential landing spots for Andrew McCutchen. Spoiler: He does mention the Mariners.
- Former Husky QB KJ Carta-Samuels threw for five touchdowns in his debut for Colorado State.