Congrats to Edwin Diaz for setting the franchise record for saves in a season!
These links are dedicated to you, Edwin.
In Mariners News...
- Nelson Cruz is going to play in the outfield today.
Nelson Cruz was taking his customary pregame power nap when manager Scott Servais informed him that he would start in RF on Saturday and to prepare during BP on Friday. "I thought I was dreaming," Cruz said.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 25, 2018
- Ross Detwiler cleared waivers and is in Tacoma.
.@mariners outright LHP Ross Detwiler and INF Zach Vincej to Triple-A Tacoma.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 24, 2018
- Despite struggling recently, the Mariners are on pace to be one of the “clutch-est” teams since the 1970s. The Dodgers, on the other hand, are the least clutch team in baseball.
- The Modesto Nuts announced their schedule and ticket packages for 2019.
- Here are the AL West standings since July 5th.
On July 5, #Mariners were a season-high 24 games over .500 at 56-32. The AL West standings since then:— Larry Stone (@StoneLarry) August 24, 2018
Oakland 28-13 (.683)
Houston 19-19 (.500) -7.5
Los Angeles 19-21 (.475) -8.5
Texas 18-23 (.439) -10
Seattle 16-24 (.400) -11.5
- Mitch Haniger has been raking in the leadoff spot.
So Mitch Haniger is batting .397 (23-for-58) in 14 games as the Mariners' leadoff hitter. Entered today with a 1.044 OPS batting leadoff.— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) August 25, 2018
Around the League...
- The person who did this is my hero.
- Matt Holliday wore shoes from over 10 years ago in his return to action as a member of the Rockies.
- Delmon Young is back for his second year of baseball with the Melbourne Aces.
PLAYER ANNOUNCEMENT— Melbourne Aces ⚾️✈️ (@MelbourneAces) August 24, 2018
Delmon Young has been confirmed as returning for a second year with your Aces. He was a crucial cog for the Aces last year and can't wait to go all the way in Season 2018/19!#WelcomebackDelmon pic.twitter.com/5SCocSRCDq
- David Wright is fighting to overcome injury and return to Major League Baseball.
‘How much can you take?’ Inside David Wright’s agonizing fight to beat the odds, tame his own broken body, and make his long-awaited return to the Mets: https://t.co/eXpWmUTzdV pic.twitter.com/12ts6qzFjQ— Marc Carig (@MarcCarig) August 24, 2018
- Joey Gallo left last night’s game with an injury.
Joey Gallo has left tonight's game due to an apparent injury.— Texas Rangers (@Rangers) August 25, 2018
- Here are some pictures from around players’ weekend.
- Here are some big names that could be moved before the waiver trade deadline ends on August 31st.
- One week until the Huskies open their season against Auburn.
- You better not talk to Bison with any sort of disrespectful tone.
- An aesthetic lunch for Stefan Frei.k