Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Mariners baseball is back today as well. While you wait for the game, here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners sent a get-well-soon video to Leonys Martín.
- It looks like Hisashi Iwakuma is going to be in Everett soon.
Woah, Jerry Dipoto just told @DDMon710 that Hisashi Iwakuma is going to do some kind of rehab with the @EverettAquaSox. Nice! #Mariners— Randy Bolerjack (@RandyBolerjack) August 23, 2018
Around the league...
- Marc Carig at The Athletic told the tragic story of David Wright and his continuous attempts to come back to the big leagues. ($)
- Sam Miller at ESPN outlined the many rules of how to choose a Players Weekend nickname.
- I thought he was retired.
OFFICIAL: The Colorado Rockies have selected the contract of OF Matt Holliday.— Colorado Rockies (@Rockies) August 23, 2018
Holliday will wear No. 7. pic.twitter.com/zpbgKxgMvR
- This guy has been incredible even though his team hasn’t been.
Jacob deGrom took the loss this afternoon despite allowing 1 ER and striking out 10 batters— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) August 23, 2018
It's the 1st time in his career he's lost allowing 1 ER and striking out at least 10. He's the 3rd pitcher to do so this season (Rich Hill, Chris Sale). pic.twitter.com/wJjnKHxnIa
- It’s no surprise to see Edwin on this list.
Biggest increases in K-BB% this year— Beyond the Box Score (@BtBScore) August 23, 2018
1. Edwin Diaz: 19.0%
2. Adam Ottavino: 17.5%
3. Jose Leclerc: 15.5%
1. Kenley Jansen: -18.0%
2. Craig Kimbrel: -17.4%
3. Chad Green: -10.1%
- An old video but still just wild.
Bro....my son Nate Mclouth speaks Spanish like a cab dispatcher.— Cabron James (@C33Jay__) March 6, 2018
This whole vid is impressive pic.twitter.com/IfgdEP43j5
- Andrew Stoeten at The Athletic wonders what the heck the Blue Jays are going to do with Josh Donaldson. ($)
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs looks at the changes that Mike Fiers has made since joining the A’s.
- Michael Kopech apologized for offensive tweets that resurfaced from 2013.
- The Brewers have reportedly put in a waiver claim for Matt Harvey and now the clock is ticking on the two teams to work out a trade.
- No way.
Still trying to wrap my head around this guy at the game last night spending over $100 for a custom “FOUR 20” kit pic.twitter.com/lsipNsyRWd— Joe Tirabassi (@joetirabassi) August 23, 2018