Good morning everyone! We are free from Mariners baseball today, which might be a good thing given the way they’ve been playing lately. While we’ve got our break from that, we have some stories to keep your day covered.
In Mariners news...
- Here’s what the Mariners schedule will look like next year.
- Scott Servais seems pretty encouraged by what he saw from King Félix.
Scott Servais told Félix to put his mechanics from Monday's @Mariners win "in a jar."— 710 ESPN Seattle (@710ESPNSeattle) August 22, 2018
"He had more extension and the ball was going where he wanted it to go. We hadn’t seen that in a while," Servais said to @BrockESPN and @TheMikeSalk.https://t.co/cRtvZ7g1Dr
- Our very own Kate Preusser wrote about the importance of Women in Baseball Night and the necessary steps ahead over at The Athletic. ($)
Around the league...
- There will be two regular season series in Mexico next year.
- Daren’s got another mesmerizing graphic for us.
- Well...it happens to the best of us.
Freddy Peralta nearly drilling Jesús Aguilar with a pickoff throw...because Aguilar's belt broke. pic.twitter.com/uSH5BltsTd— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 22, 2018
- Natalie Weiner takes a look at the struggles that many players on the Team USA women’s baseball team had to go through to get where they are.
- Young Japanese right-handed pitcher Shumpei Yoshikawa is planning to come stateside.
- The Twins have released former Mariner Taylor Motter.
- Leonys Martín is on the track to recovery, but the outfielder will not return to play with the Indians this season.