Good morning folks! Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- This is good to see.
Yup, that’s Hishashi Iwakuma faxing Ichiro in a little live BP session. Kuma still trying to come back from shoulder issues. Ichiro, well, he just always wants to hit ... pic.twitter.com/RDHN8mu2w7— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 21, 2018
- Here’s an update on Juan Nicasio.
Scott Servais said they are hopeful Juan Nicasio can return in September? But knee might have to be worked on in the offseason.— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) August 21, 2018
Around the league...
- It’s been a long time coming, but the Nationals began their fire sale by sending Daniel Murphy to the Cubs and Matt Adams to the Cardinals.
- This is a chart you can easily get lost in.
How many times each final score has happened in MLB history...— Jeremy Frank (@MLBRandomStats) August 21, 2018
The 49-33 game happened on June 28, 1871. pic.twitter.com/H0CoITe83b
- Michael Kopech made his MLB debut yesterday, and his stuff was just nasty.
Michael Kopech, 95mph Fastball (called strike) and 81mph breaking ball (swinging strike) Overlay. pic.twitter.com/cQiiw0l652— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 22, 2018
Michael Kopech, 91mph Changeup (path). pic.twitter.com/q0Lk4CDj25— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 22, 2018
- Anthony Rizzo pulling the ol’ Beltré.
- This is a really neat story.
- Although Bryce Harper ultimately ended up staying put, this was certainly interesting.
I'm told the Dodgers are the "mystery team" that claimed Bryce Harper on revocable waivers.— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) August 21, 2018
- Keep your eyes peeled for this crazy possibility.
Updated what needs to happen for 8-way tie at 88 wins for NL best record (#chaos):#Braves 19-19#Phillies 20-18#Cubs 17-22#Brewers 18-17#Cardinals 19-17#Diamondbacks 19-18#Rockies 20-18#Dodgers 21-15— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) August 21, 2018
Ron Gardenhire and other Tigers Facetimed with Leonys Martin on Sunday afternoon:— Evan Woodbery (@evanwoodbery) August 21, 2018
"He's been through an awful lot. We're just happy to see him smiling. It's the same old him. He picks you up, always makes you feel better."
- Oof, it’s been a rough year for Yu Darvish.
Darvish stress reaction on tip of elbow, out for year— Mark Gonzales (@MDGonzales) August 21, 2018
- Meanwhile, in Anaheim...
- Marlins starter José Ureña has dropped the appeal on his suspension he received for plunking Ronald Acuña.
- Buster Posey may require season-ending surgery on his hip.
- White Sox first baseman José Abreu will miss the next couple of weeks after undergoing abdominal surgery.
- I haven’t bought an NBA 2K game in a long time, but this looks pretty cool.
- You can help name a new summer ball team in southern Washington!
The newest WCL franchise is now on Twitter. Make sure to follow @BaseballRidgef1. Right now you can participate in the name the team contest, learn about season tickets and see the latest pictures of the ballpark. The team website is now live as well at https://t.co/yfYJZaT1Ld. pic.twitter.com/guuXZqO1go— West Coast League (@WCLBaseball) August 21, 2018
- Happy Birthday, Sister Jean!