Good morning everyone! Here are some links to get your Tuesday going.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it...
- It looks like Félix has adjusted his mechanics a little bit.
Félix Hernández showing off a slightly different arm slot there 0-2 against Martín Maldonado: pic.twitter.com/EozUnAYy6e— John Trupin (@JohnTrupin) August 21, 2018
- Our thoughts go out to Evan and his family.
- Despite their recent nosedive, the Mariners are still outperforming their run differential at a historic pace, writes Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs.
- An update on Sam Tuivailala...
Mariners are going to release a more definitive surgery report on Sam Tuivailala. But Servais said he won’t be back for spring training.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 20, 2018
Around the league...
- Here’s the latest on the starting pitcher situation for today.
Tomorrow will be a bullpen day for the Astros. Hinch called Scott Servais to tell him it would be a RHP who’s on the team. He narrowed it down to McHugh, Peacock, Harris or Smith.— Julia Morales (@JuliaMorales) August 21, 2018
- José Altuve will be back in the lineup tonight after sitting on the disabled list for the last few weeks.
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs breaks down the AL West race now that it appears things are going to go down to the wire.
- Meanwhile, Rian Watt at Fangraphs notes the importance of the Oakland bullpen down the stretch.
- Ronald Acuña is having some fun.
- Meanwhile, in Queens...
Dom Smith. Amed Rosario. The Mets. Truly unbelievable stuff.— Kris Venezia (@KVenezia1) August 21, 2018
**CUE THE MUSIC** pic.twitter.com/yclRui1w4k
- This dad got pretty hyped.
This dad's reaction to a game-tying home run is EVERYTHING pic.twitter.com/lR1nzFQsVf— ESPN (@espn) August 21, 2018
- Another reason that the M’s face an uphill battle to a playoff spot.
Ranking contenders' schedules, from hardest to easiest:— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 20, 2018
8) Red Sox
Want more detail? It's all here: https://t.co/62SNzVuQmn
- The A’s are going all out to try to get fans in the stands.
We are offering our 2019 A's Access Members their benefits during the final month of the regular season, starting September 1. Join today to receive 50% off concessions, 25% off merchandise, and $10 pre-paid parking during an exciting month of baseball. https://t.co/HLAGE3BN3E pic.twitter.com/lD43EesdGT— Oakland Athletics ⚾️ (@Athletics) August 20, 2018
- Chelsea James at The Washington Post looked at the personality problems that the Nationals are dealing with in their bullpen.
- We could see Andrew McCutchen moved soon.
#sfgiants are very conscientious about putting their former players in a good situation when possible. McCutchen is a great pro, a talented player, and he deserves to be in a place where he can have a shot to win a ring (and get more exposure as an impending free agent).— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) August 21, 2018
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs wonders what the chances are that Vlad Guerrero, Jr. hits .400 across his multiple levels of the minors this year.
- Fan favorite Seattle Seahawks punter and avid Seattle Mariners fan Jon Ryan was released by the team yesterday.