Greetings everyone! It’s been a little bit since I last covered these links. It’s good to be back. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and have a pleasant week coming up! Here are some links to get that week started off on the right foot.
In Mariners news...
- James Pazos will look to improve his mechanics in his Triple-A stint, which I would anticipate only lasts until September call-ups arrive.
Around the league...
- The top White Sox pitching prospect will make his much-anticipated debut tomorrow.
- This is fantastic news. Get well soon, Leonys!
Indians OF Leonys Martin will be released from the hospital today after fighting a life-threatening bacterial infection. Wish him well as he recovers at home. Photo: AP. pic.twitter.com/lRAoyhuaFp— Indians Insider (@indiansinsider) August 19, 2018
- Haha, whoops!
Shawn Kelley with a new record for highest pitch in the Statcast era.— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 19, 2018
- Well, this is bad news for the Astros.
Jose Altuve was just drilled in the back of the left arm (above the elbow) by a Mike Morin pitch and left the game for a pinch runner in the 7th inning. He was 1-for-3.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) August 19, 2018
- Pinstripe Alley thinks it’s time for the Yankees to punt the AL East race and focus entirely on preparing for the Wild Card game.
- Justin Verlander earned his 200th career victory in his win over the A’s yesterday.
- Yu Darvish suffered another setback in his rehab as the Cubs starter was only able to go one inning in a minor league start yesterday.
the biggest plot twist of AGT 2018 pic.twitter.com/E9u9WQtdPg— mother duck (@houseandhens) August 18, 2018
- This guy must be ripped.
Boy in the pub was telling me his job is a penguin erector so every time a plane flys over Edinburgh zoo the penguins can’t take their eyes off it and end up falling over n he just goes round picking them back up, 38 penguins 2000 flights a day— SKH (@shalaylaa) August 19, 2018