Good morning everyone! Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Check it out!
New city, new colors. Since @Mariners fans have been so welcoming since I got to town, I wanted to make my Unity T benefitting @koutpoverty available in M’s colors ASAP. Checkout (https://t.co/X6YXH9DHsd) to learn why this means so much to me. Thanks #Seattle— Sam Tuivailala (@Stuivailala) August 1, 2018
- Well, this is an interesting development.
Robinson Cano has been working out in the DR at both 1B and 3B— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) August 2, 2018
Around the league...
- Chris Archer respects the history in Pittsburgh.
Chris Archer said he didn’t want to take Andrew McCutchen’s number. He believes it will be retired here one day.— Stephen J. Nesbitt (@stephenjnesbitt) August 1, 2018
- Adam Jones really did not want to leave Baltimore.
Jones on why he didn't approve trade: “When players walked out years ago and walked the picket lines and did all that stuff, they did all that for reasons like right now. I earned this and it’s my decision. I don’t have to explain it to nobody. It’s my decision. Thank you.”— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) August 1, 2018
- This might have been in response to the pitcher’s outburst on the mound when he struggled during Washington’s blowout win against the Mets.
The Nationals designated Shawn Kelley for assignment.— Chelsea Janes (@chelsea_janes) August 1, 2018
For everyone lol'ing at this, Liriano actually was allergic to a chemical used to treat the grass near his house. Gardy was just having fun with the "allergic to grass" comment. https://t.co/nbfGbJyvgC— Ashley MacLennan (@90feetfromhome) August 1, 2018
- Worth it to watch until the end.
Oh my god this is hysterical pic.twitter.com/w4XuED097Q— Marcia Herold (@marciaherold) August 1, 2018
- Well, now it’s official.
Cueto. Tommy John. Giants just announced.— Eno Sarris (@enosarris) August 2, 2018
- Whitney McIntosh has some names you should keep an eye on with regards to the August trade period.
- David Schoenfeld takes a look at a handful of teams that have changed their fates for the postseason the most with their deadline activity.
- The Giants were the only team that didn’t make a deal at or near the trade deadline. Grant Brisbee tries to determine why they stayed silent.
- This is me being very excited about Star Wars Episode IX, but OMG.