Unfortunately, the Mariners couldn’t dodge losing to Los Angeles. Did you like what I did there? Anyways, Oakland has extended their lead over the Mariners to 3.5 games now. Let’s read some links and hope that the Mariners turn this thing around.
In Mariners News...
- Dan Vogelbach is my hero.
Daniel Vogelbach changed his walkup music to the baby shark song because it’s David Freitas’s kid’s favorite song and he loves Uncle Vogey and I just need a minute pic.twitter.com/ul6sy1RD8b— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) August 18, 2018
- Our very own Kate Preusser helps us deal with the frustration of being a Mariners fan.
- David Rollins has rejoined the Mariners organization, this time as a starter.
Former Mariner lefty reliever David Rollins has signed a Minor League deal with Seattle and will start for AAA Tacoma tonight. He's pitched well in independent leagues as starter this year.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 17, 2018
- Bad news: The Mariners have a tough schedule from this point forward. Good news: The Angels and Astros have an equally hard, if not harder schedule.
Games remaining vs. sub .500 teams/over .500 teams— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 17, 2018
Yankees: 25 vs. sub .500 / 16 vs. over .500
Astros: 13 vs. sub .500 / 28 vs. over .500
Athletics: 13 vs. sub .500 / 28 vs. over .500
Mariners: 14 vs. sub .500 / 26 vs. over .500 https://t.co/DUA3Bx1Ixz
- Checkout this old school player of the week, Bud Anderson.
- The next Wheelhouse podcast episode should be up soon!
It’s been way too long – we agree. Simply been a matter of having our schedules align. Next recording is set for Monday. Thanks for listening! https://t.co/Jh8vdzyH2i— Aaron Goldsmith (@heygoldy) August 17, 2018
- Minor League Ball reassesses the Mariners’ top 20 prospects.
- Cameron Maybin is a great teammate ($).
- The Mariner Wives gave back to the community in a cool way.
Around the League...
- Former Mariner Mike Montgomery is headed to the DL.
Montgomery on DL left shoulder inflammation, Chatwood to start Saturday— Mark Gonzales (@MDGonzales) August 17, 2018
- The Rangers recorded a triple play unlike any seen in over 65 years.
The @Rangers turned one of the most unusual triple plays you’ll ever see last night, the first 5*-5*-4* triple play seen in 68 years! Find details on all triple plays in @MLB history in the #SABR Triple Plays Database: https://t.co/BJ5VNAZ6zw https://t.co/fCIU8XQ0g1— SABR (@sabr) August 17, 2018
- Sheryl Ring wonders if the Orioles would be better off with Rafael Palmeiro than they are with Chris Davis.
- Worth debating.
Should The MLB Ban Infield Shapeshifting? pic.twitter.com/LaYh1QqnSi— The Onion (@TheOnion) August 16, 2018
- Apparently this study is a real thing?
A @kikehndez tight pants longitudinal study comparing performance and pants tightness? It exists. Don’t miss an all-new episode of The Doc & Joe Show on our Facebook page at 4 p.m. PT! https://t.co/zd8Ug5wiTe | #Dodgers pic.twitter.com/RbtFyE27xM— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 16, 2018
- Checkout the best plays from the week of baseball.
- Two weeks until Husky Football!