Fish Stripes wrote an article about Felix Hernandez, asserting that if he focuses on just a few pitches in his arsenal that he can establish the command that he has recently lacked. Here’s the link to that article!
There’s plenty more where that came from! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the links.
In Mariners News...
- Felix will be used as a long reliever for the Mariners.
Felix Hernandez's role in the bullpen will be as a long reliever. https://t.co/Z6d1nxqpDr— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 11, 2018
- Robinson Cano flashed some leather in Everett last night.
To no surprise, last night's @Chevron ExtraMile Extra Effort Play of the Game goes to @RobinsonCano who made a sliding play at second base, flipped the ball to @Ryneocerous13 who threw it to @nickrod23_ for the @walottery double play! #HowBoutThemFrogs #SCtop10 pic.twitter.com/oEtelmHN8f— Everett AquaSox (@EverettAquaSox) August 11, 2018
- The Mariners lose their recently acquired reliever for the year.
Sam Tuivailala’s season is over. He will likely need surgery on his Achilles.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 11, 2018
Around the League...
- Read about Royals prospect Carter Hope’s battle with addiction and return to professional baseball.
- David Wright is still fighting his way back from injury.
BREAKING: David Wright will begin a minor league rehab assignment tomorrow, playing five innings at third base for Class A St. Lucie. Wright last appeared in a minor league game on Aug. 26, 2017. A huge step in his rehab from back and shoulder issues.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) August 11, 2018
- You learn something new everyday.
J.D. Martinez has more home runs than the Orioles have wins.— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) August 12, 2018
- As frustrating as the A’s second half dominance has been, this was a pretty sweet throw.
- The Angels pitched a position player for the first time since before I was born.
The drought has ended. Francisco Arcia is coming in to pitch the ninth, becoming the first position player to pitch for the Angels since Chili Davis on June 17, 1993.— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) August 12, 2018
- Yasiel Puig hit his 100th homer of his career.
Thank you God, my teammates and coaches, and especially the fans who always support me and keep my spirits up. I am proud of hitting 100 home runs . Unfortunately it wasn’t enough to get the win tonight but we will be back at it again tomorrow. #100 #homeruns #dodgers #mlb #blue pic.twitter.com/FgvvMWfzwx— Yasiel Puig (@YasielPuig) August 12, 2018
- Barry Bonds had his number retired by the Giants.
- Willie Mays urged voters to elect Barry Bonds into the Hall of Fame.
- Craig Edwards writes about the Red Sox’s chance of breaking the Mariners’ single season win record.
- The Husky Football team had their fan picture day yesterday.