The Mariners are away from home, but Safeco was still packed last night. Pearl Jam had their second concert at Safeco of the week last night.
Shout out to Pearl Jam for taking care of business in Seattle while the Mariners are out doing work on the road. They’ve taken the first two games of the series against Houston on the road. Keep it up, M’s!
Check out all the other awesome stuff happening around baseball.
In Mariners News...
- Rachel McDaniel wrote about the Mariners history of hosting Stitch & Pitch night.
- The Mariners extended their affiliation with the Arkansas Travelers.
Mariners have extended their contract with the Arkansas Travelers to continue as their Double-A affiliate through 2020. Current deal was to expire at end of this season.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 10, 2018
- This list of names will blow your mind.
Adam Jones starts in RF tonight for the Orioles. He's never played anywhere but CF in 11 years with Baltimore. His last game in RF was with the Mariners on September 25, 2007. The lineups that game: pic.twitter.com/IjqPfAHDV1— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) August 10, 2018
- The AquaSox rocked hero inspired uniforms.
Your @everettaquasox will be wearing these superhero inspired jerseys for tonight's game. Proceeds from tonight's jersey auction will benefit the AquaSox Community Fund! #HowBoutThemFrogs pic.twitter.com/FXU50916ou— Everett AquaSox (@EverettAquaSox) August 10, 2018
- Erasmo Ramirez could find his way back in the rotation very soon.
Mariners haven’t announced Sunday starter in place of Felix yet. My guess would be Erasmo Ramirez, but we won’t hear anything until tomorrow likely.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 10, 2018
- Cameron Rupp of the Tacoma Rainiers got to see the Sandlot cast in person.
They are celebrating the 25th anniversary of The Sandlot tonight in Salt Lake City, where the movie was filmed. Tacoma catcher Cameron Rupp was quick to get a picture with the cast.— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) August 10, 2018
- The Mariners rocked some throwback jerseys last night.
We're turning it back to 1979 in Houston tonight. This lineup is looking dy-no-mite! See you at the Dome away from home. pic.twitter.com/OSLe915owo— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) August 10, 2018
- This car matches the uniforms.
- The AquaSox and Braden Bishop raised over $2000 for Bishop’s charity.
Around the League...
- The Mets are turning away from analytics and going for a more “traditional” approach.
"There is thought among team officials that perhaps the Mets became too analytics driven in recent seasons under Sandy Alderson’s watch." Please kill me https://t.co/bTbDRPdch7 pic.twitter.com/GXwxXoG7OP— Kate Feldman (@kateefeldman) August 10, 2018
- Michael Clair picked the coolest Topps baseball card from every year since 1951.
- Mike Trout is headed to the disabled list.
The Angels have placed Mike Trout on the disabled list with right wrist inflammation.— Maria I. Guardado (@mi_guardado) August 10, 2018
- Former Mariners J.A. Happ cruises around New York using the subway.
- First base and center field is such an unlikely combo.
Tonight, Cody Bellinger will become the second player in 35 years to start 30 games at center field and first base in the same season. Nick Swisher is the other.— Pedro Moura (@pedromoura) August 10, 2018
- LeBron for AL MVP 2020?
- Former Mariner Leonys Martin is dealing with an undisclosed medical condition.
- Albert Pujols has tallied 1000 hits in both the AL and NL.
- More Husky Football pictures.