Hey everyone, Matthew here. I have taken the liberty of providing you with some Internet morsels to begin your day. Please click.
In Mariners News:
- The Mariners opened yesterday’s game with something that had never been done before.
- That was the happy news, now for the sad news.
Felix is going to the bullpen. Servais informed him before the game.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 10, 2018
- Scott Servais was asked about the move following Thursday’s win.
Servais on Felix to bullpen: "He’s done an unbelievable job as a Mariner and certainly I don’t take any of this lightly. But I just think trying to make the best decisions for the ballclub and really for Felix at this point, let’s just take a breath, step back, gather yourself."— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 10, 2018
Servais: “I certainly respect him and everything he’s done here throughout his career, but these things happen and ultimately it’s about the team. It’s never easy. But hopefully he takes it the right way. Maybe he can work his way back into the rotation. We’ll see." https://t.co/DiBARA6see— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) August 10, 2018
- Here’s a list of all the nicknames Mariner players will wear for Player’s Weekend.
PLAYERS' WEEKEND IS (ALMOST) HERE— Alexa Philippou (@alexaphilippou) August 9, 2018
Here are the nicknames M's players will wear on their jerseys the weekend of August 24-26 pic.twitter.com/hYySsjoEwj
- Robinson Canó is terrorizing the children pitchers of Short Season Class-A ball.
- Beau Barrels continues to feast at the plate.
- Come join us in Everett tonight!
This Friday is Local Heroes Night with a @bradenbishop7 @4MOM_ALZ Bobblehead Giveaway for the first 1,000 fans presented by @TulalipResort. Our Superhero jerseys will be auctioned off with proceeds benefiting the AquaSox Community Fund.— Everett AquaSox (@EverettAquaSox) August 8, 2018
️ at https://t.co/oIsmpAvuLj pic.twitter.com/nwODUcuv5R
Around the League:
- Everyone please send a bottle of Pepto-Bismol to our old buddy Leonys Martín.
CF Leonys Martin placed on 10-day DL. Was out of lineup Wednesday due to illness (Francona: “intestinal turmoil.”). OF Greg Allen recalled from Triple-A.— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) August 9, 2018
- The Players’ Weekend jerseys and hats are here, and some are significantly better than others.
- La Flecha has landed in Oakland.
- In Mariner-adjacent news, Carlos Correa said yesterday that he could come off the DL tomorrow, meaning today.
- Vlad Guerrero Jr. is tearing the minor leagues to shreds and making defensive plays far superior to this #VlaDFence hashtag.
- Shout out to all the super nerds.
- Giancarlo Stanton hit a line drive home run at 122 MPH, giving him, shockingly, the hardest hit ball of 2018.
- The Storm have clinched one of the best two records in the league, ensuring a spot in the WNBA semi-finals. You can get a jump on playoff tickets now!
It's OFFICIAL! We've clinched a top-two seed and double-bye to the #WNBA Semifinals! ⛈️— Seattle Storm (@seattlestorm) August 10, 2018
SIGN UP to secure pre-sale access for the playoffs! ▶️ https://t.co/HmcyAWYQBY#WeRepSeattle pic.twitter.com/GOVy37dGpY
- Speaking of which, Seattle Reign FC is second in a crowded NWSL table with three home matches left in the regular season. You can attend all three for an extremely reasonable price by purchasing this ticket bundle, which reserves early access to playoff tickets.
We have 3⃣ home matches left, all with massive playoff implications.— Seattle Reign FC (@ReignFC) August 9, 2018
Get our Battle Bundle today to secure a spot at all three and reserve early access for purchasing playoff tickets.
️: https://t.co/VtNcXBpkTY pic.twitter.com/pTY1D1dhgh
- Never let anyone tell you that tweeting isn’t an art form.
So you mean to tell me that a shrimp fried this rice— Emily (@writterxem) August 1, 2018