Good morning everyone!
Stop whatever you’re doing and make sure you go vote for Jean Segura for the Final Vote in the All-Star Game! You can vote as many times as you want, and you can even pick your favorite National League player to couple with Jean! The Giants have been kind enough to provide their support for Jean, so maybe we could return the favor by voting for Belt.
Meanwhile, here are some other stories to get your day started...
In Mariners news...
- An unfortunate minor league update...
Ryan Cook leaving the game with the trainer. It didn’t look like an arm issue but something with his leg.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 9, 2018
Around the league...
- Not entirely sure how All-Stars are selected? Eric Stephen has a helpful explanation for you.
- Where do you stand on this issue?
I’ve always had a soft spot for every team having an #AllStarGame rep, but Salvador Perez making it with a .213 BA and .255 OBP might have put me over the edge. Then again, the players voted him onto the team. The fans routinely do a better job than players now with their picks.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) July 9, 2018
- That’s...a lot of injuries.
With 8 more DL placements so far today, we're now on pace for ~920 stints this season. There were 659 all of last season! https://t.co/Nr8wSnU9xX— Jon Becker (@jonbecker_) July 8, 2018
- Buster Olney takes a look inside Max Muncy’s journey to success with the Dodgers this season.
- Check out this story about a longtime Marlins employee who is seeking financial help to cover his medical expenses.
- The Giants have made a salary dump trade with the Rangers, shipping off Austin Jackson and Cory Gearrin.
- Speaking of the Rangers, Shin-Soo Choo broke a franchise record by reaching base for his 47th consecutive game.
- Congrats to the Seattle Seawolves on winning the Major League Rugby Championship!