Hello folks and Happy Friday to everyone out there! Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- In case some of you missed last night’s festivities...
Bark in the park is the best pic.twitter.com/CxYb3KJR3d— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 6, 2018
- David Weinstein at The New York Times talked about Ichiro’s unconventional role with the Mariners.
- Kyle Seager’s adjustments have brought new problems with it, writes Fangraphs community member khinckley7.
- Here are some M’s health updates:
Felix Hernandez said his back is fine. He was able to throw his bullpen session in between starts. He didn’t think it would be an issue tomorrow. He tweaked his back working out on the previous road trip— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 5, 2018
Erasmo Ramirez’s second bullpen went well yesterday, Scott Servais said. Will throw one more before facing live hitters and beginning rehab appearances.— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) July 5, 2018
- Aríel Miranda found a landing spot pretty quickly. Maybe he already had something of a deal worked out with them before he left.
Softbank Hawks have reached agreement with Ariel Miranda https://t.co/8VweF8b1XD— Kazuto Yamazaki (@Kazuto_Yamazaki) July 6, 2018
Around the league...
- Have I found the greatest Twitter account ever? Possibly.
July 3, 2018
- Shout-out to Dae-Ho Lee!
Here's your 2018 KBO All-Star team rosters with the manager selections.— Dan Kurtz (@MyKBO) July 5, 2018
Foreign players making the All-Star team include Josh Lindblom, Seth Frankoff, Angel Sanchez, Henry Sosa, Jared Hoying, and Keyvius Sampson. pic.twitter.com/6WtLsIIOd2
- Eno Sarris at The Athletic takes a look at the five lineups he expects to regress the most this season going forward. ($)
- Mark Simon at The Athletic compiled the All-Star teams if they were based purely on defensive ability. Mike Zunino gets the nod at catcher. ($)
- The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp play-by-play announcer had his laptop shattered by a baseball mid-call.
- The Rays used Jesús Sucre on the mound in a non-blowout situation, and Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs wrote about it.
- Prepare yourselves for Tim Tebow playing in the big leagues this year, writes Shaun P Kernahan at Minor League Ball.
- The Nationals might be doomed this year, writes Travis Sawchik at Fangraphs.