Good morning everyone! I hope you’ve all been well during my mini-hiatus. The links are back in full force on this Fourth of July Eve. Let’s get you that sweet, sweet content as you prepare for the first game against the Angels today.
In Mariners news...
- Who’s shocked?
- Dee is sleeping with one eye open.
Around the league...
- The Sports Illustrated staff was somewhat of a fan of the M’s Turn Ahead the Clock jerseys among other notes from the weekend.
- Comedian Leslie Jones is a big proponent of baseball butts.
- Your daily Kendrys Morales update:
The most important international sporting event happening right now is that Kendrys Morales is playing third base and I will hear no argument on this.— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) July 2, 2018
- Houston is nuts.
Breaking down pitches 95 MPH+ by player and team... Showing photos for players that have thrown 180+ pitches 95 MPH+ pic.twitter.com/WAkmm87SPx— Daren Willman (@darenw) July 2, 2018
Paul Molitor went out to the mound to talk things over with the defense, because the Twins went to a five-man infield. Zack Littell saw the manager coming, assumed he was being taken out of the game, and tried to hand him the ball.— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) July 3, 2018
- Camden Chat ponders what the Orioles could fetch for Adam Jones.
- Craig Edwards at Fangraphs wonders if the Rockies really should have demoted starter Jon Gray.
- The Yankees agreed to a deal with Luis Severino’s younger brother as one of their international signings.
- Former Mariners pitcher Randy Messenger is closing in on the all-time win mark for American-born pitchers in Japan.
- So the NBA is now composed of approximately four teams given that the Warriors’ lineup is made up of five All-Stars.
DeMarcus Cousins has agreed to a deal with Golden State, league source tells ESPN.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 3, 2018