Good morning everyone! I for one am very stressed about the A’s but let’s not think about that right now. Instead, let’s check out what’s happening around the league.
In Mariners news...
- The Jean Segura-Mitch Haniger trade has single-handedly kept the Mariners in position for a playoff spot, writes Michael Baumann at The Ringer.
Around the league...
- The Yankees have acquired reliever Zach Britton from the Orioles.
- Baseball Census talked to several minor league baseball players, including M’s farmhand Braden Bishop, about whether taking batting practice before a game is really the best way to get hitters loose.
- Check out this cool story on Camden Little League and how it’s helped kids stay out of trouble in a high-crime area.
- Well, they do have a lot of injuries...
Shohei Ohtani’s interpreter, Ippei Mizuhara, is out doing infield drills while Mike Scioscia watches. Clearly gearing for a roster spot. pic.twitter.com/E2Yyw0zijk— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) July 23, 2018
- Gerald Schifman at The Hardball Times introduces a new batted ball statistic that could change the way we view the concept.
- Hmmm...that’s interesting.
Word is that Gary Sanchez is being placed on the disabled list. Had an MRI today, which confirmed an injury.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 24, 2018
- Speaking of Gary Sanchez, Trea Turner was benched by the Nationals for not hustling.
- Holy crap.
Give this catcher a Gold Glove. pic.twitter.com/rwOQ8IoZeH— Yoni Mernick (@OriginalYoni) July 23, 2018
- A’s starting pitcher Kendall Graveman will undergo Tommy John surgery.
- And another one.
Dave Roberts said Tom Koehler has had season-ending shoulder surgery. He’s done for 2018. #Dodgers— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) July 24, 2018
- Things are going well in Flushing.
Security guard was just giving Jason Vargas a hassle about walking in a restricted area. Vargas had to explain he was a player for the Mets.— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) July 25, 2018
- Grant Brisbee lists some trades that he would like to see happen in the next week.
- Oh, jeez.
Man is accused of walking into Planet Fitness, dropping his clothes and working out nude. He told investigators he "thought he was in a judgement-free zone."— Angela Brauer (@AngelaBrauerTV) July 24, 2018
Here's to hoping he wiped down the equipment afterward.https://t.co/tRS9LOqNkl
- No way.