Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a pleasant weekend. It’s the last week of the non-waiver trade, which means that deals are going to be coming pretty fast. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for the news! We’ll keep you up to date on everything here, though.
In Mariners news...
- Shout-out to the AquaSox! I’m trying to make it out to a game before the summer ends. Sounds like it’s a good time to get out there to see them play.
The @EverettAquaSox are Northwest League North Division Champions!! Congrats to the boys!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 23, 2018
- This is definitely a sigh of relief.
Servais says James Paxton came out of yesterday's bullpen session with no issues and will definitely come off DL on Tuesday to start against Giants.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) July 22, 2018
Around the league...
- Get yer minor transactions here!
We have acquired outfielder Brian Goodwin from the Nationals in exchange for minor league pitcher Jacob Condra-Bogan. Goodwin will be added to the Major League roster when he reports to the club. pic.twitter.com/BNxIMbyFj0— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) July 22, 2018
- The Mets just cannot catch a break.
Noah Syndergaard is going on the DL with hand, foot & mouth disease. Possible he picked it up working at a kids camp over the all-star break. Perhaps why he had diminished velocity and was tired on Friday. Assistant GM John Ricco said they expect it perhaps to be just one start.— James Wagner (@ByJamesWagner) July 22, 2018
- Meanwhile, in Houston...
Lance McCullers Jr. is the first Astros pitcher since Erik Bedard in July 2013 to walk 5 or more batters in consecutive starts. pic.twitter.com/HMKdqoflaF— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) July 22, 2018
- No way.
Mike Trout has officially driven in someone other than Mike Trout. His two-run HR also plated Andrelton Simmons. Trout hadn't driven in a teammate since June 19.— Jeff Miller (@JeffMillerLAT) July 22, 2018
- Nationals reliever Sean Doolittle is expected to miss a few weeks with a stress reaction in his foot.
- The market for Zach Britton is heating up with as many as six teams involved in the bid for his services.
- Eric Stephen discussed the issues currently plaguing the New York Mets.
- Longtime German soccer star Mesut Özil withdrew from the national team, citing racism as being a key reason for his departure.
- Here’s something to cheer you up this morning.