I’m going to be that guy. Happy birthday to myself. 22 years on this planet is a long time, and it feels like I’ve gone my whole life basically without seeing a Mariners post season game. Sure, I did in 2001. I was five that season, though, and do not remember much from that year. This is our year, Mariners. Do it for the people! Way to start the second half of the year right!
In Mariners News...
- Former Mariner Adam Moore is getting called back up to the MLB for the Rays.
Ex-Mariner alert https://t.co/mxCUsVWk9F— Larry Stone (@StoneLarry) July 20, 2018
- This FiveThirtyEight article wonders if the Mariners can end their playoff drought.
- Robinson Cano: First Baseman
On Cano, Dipoto said that he is continuing his work in the DR and has put together pickup games with pros in the area. He reiterated that Gordon will get most play at 2b, Cano at 1B and DH. Plans to take a trip to the DR after the trade deadline. #Mariners— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) July 20, 2018
- Both Mike Zunino and James Paxton should be back soon.
The Rainiers have a three-game series over the weekend at Cheney Stadium. I'd expect Zunino to play in at least one of those games, possibly tonight. I think you can bet on him being back before James Paxton takes the ball on Tuesday— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 20, 2018
Around the League...
- How about those airline tweets?
Appreciate this 2 hour delay @AmericanAir...gives me more time to figure out my opening line to Machado anyways— Ross Stripling (@RossStripling) July 20, 2018
- This ump utilized the good ol’ fakeout.
Strike 3! Ha! Just kidding, it's ball 4.... pic.twitter.com/ShUanc3fWX— Dan Kurtz (@MyKBO) July 20, 2018
Today in 1913: A mob of 4,000 baseball fans bombarded the "Bloomer Girls" team who barricaded themselves in the clubhouse after the players were unmasked as a group of boys wearing wigs. https://t.co/fXLYxZpcou pic.twitter.com/SnzWBVT1uK— NYT Archives (@NYTArchives) July 20, 2018
- Taylor Motter is back up in Minnesota.
.@Twins recall INF/OF Taylor Motter from Triple-A Rochester.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) July 20, 2018
- Khris Davis is unbelievably consistent.
Khris Davis hit .247 in 2015. He then hit .247 in 2016. He followed that up in 2017 by hitting .247. But this year is different. He's inexplicably hitting .248. https://t.co/0eBXZ214x3— Geoff Foster (@gwfost) July 20, 2018
- Chris Tillman was DFA’d by the Orioles. Also, former Oakland Athletic Renato Nunez got called up to Baltimore.
.@Orioles select contract of INF Renato Núñez from Triple-A Norfolk; reinstate RHP Chris Tillman from 10-day DL, designate for assignment.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) July 20, 2018
- The Padres’ top prospect will miss the rest of the season after surgery.
#Padres top prospect Fernando Tatis expected to require surgery, miss rest of 2018.https://t.co/O9clnZH2UF— Kevin Acee (@sdutKevinAcee) July 20, 2018
- I’m dead.
Is this how you throw with intent? @drivelinebases pic.twitter.com/Wj0xsSVVtO— Schwaby (@JonSchwa22) July 20, 2018
- You do you, Manny.
Manny Machado says he was a huge Kobe fan and No 8 had to do more with Kobe Bryant than Cal Ripken #Dodgers— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 20, 2018
- Some truth.
Baseball isn’t lacking superstars, there are plenty who can change the complexion of the game.— Clarence Stowers (@ClarenceStowers) July 20, 2018
But, if you celebrate w/passion, you’re gonna be told, “have some respect” or catch 96 to the ribs.
BTW... Segura should’ve been the MVP hands down! https://t.co/LlmKhQ7ENb
- Fangraphs ranked the players with the highest trade value in baseball.
- I heard this interview live and to hear the positivity in Danny’s voice was incredible.
Danny Farquhar on with @DDMon710 right now says he's throwing bullpens, still working on getting back up to full strength:— Jessamyn McIntyre (@JessamynMcIntyr) July 20, 2018
"It's almost like a fresh start, you have to build everything back up."
Live right now with @710ESPNSeattle
- We love you, Mike Zunino.
Listach posted a first-name only lineup card. "Mike" is catching and hitting third. One player who shall remain anonymous did not recognize himself and thought he was on the bench. https://t.co/EvFV78pjvP— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) July 20, 2018
- That cat looks to be moving faster than the ball in this video.
Still waiting on the sprint speed data from Stat-cats. pic.twitter.com/Cl4kIdaSQW— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) July 21, 2018
- This may be the only tweet of this nature that has more RTs than likes. Way to go Husky Nation.
Who wins in Week 1?— CFB Home (@CFBHome) July 21, 2018
RT - #6 Washington
LIKE - #19 Auburn pic.twitter.com/gDpeFNEZEp