Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Mariners baseball is back today for the second half of the season, and here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Former M’s catcher Mike Marjama shared his eating disorder story with Men’s Health Magazine.
- Some insight on Nellie:
Nelson Cruz the past four seasons. He isn’t aging gracefully as much as he is refusing to age pic.twitter.com/mXjRnyzH8c— Jason Collette (@jasoncollette) July 19, 2018
- TJ Cotterill at The News Tribune discussed the success of the Mariners’ three lefty starters this season.
Around the league...
- This is awful.
worst umpire call ever pic.twitter.com/feKHA03tzA— Routine Baseball (@RoutineBaseball) July 19, 2018
- Another live look at Baltimore.
- The Ringer staff made some predictions for the second half of the season, including a bold prediction about Edwin Díaz.
- Zach Kram at The Ringer also discussed the upcoming playoff race between the A’s and the M’s.
- The Indians have acquired relievers Brad Hand and Adam Cimber from the Padres for top prospect Francisco Mejia.
- Jeez, this is ambitious.
Shohei Ohtani may pitch again this year, after all. The #Angels announce that he has been medically cleared to begin a throwing program after his ligament continues to show improved healing.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 19, 2018
- Rob Manfred provided some possible cities for MLB expansion.
- I swear, this dude has been on half of the teams in baseball by now.