Back-to-back sweeps, a 7 game winning streak, and 23 games over .500. Sorry, just needed to type all that out myself to really absorb it. Mariners fever, baby. I’ve got it. You’ve got it. It’s catching on all across the state. I had an awesome time at Safeco on Saturday and Sunday and hope you all got to enjoy the games this weekend either in person or at your leisure. Today’s an off-day so we can all catch our breath and bask in the glory of rooting for a team that is actually good. But first, here are your links!
In Mariners news...
- Just in case you missed this tidbit from Saturday:
Felix Hernandez ‘tweaked’ his back working out between starts and was stiff coming into today. Servais happy to get five innings out of Felix tonight.— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) July 1, 2018
- Pitching probables for the Angels when they come to town Tuesday through Thursday:
#Angels starters for Seattle: Heaney, TBA, Skaggs. That means Barria is being skipped and TBA could be Richards.— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) July 1, 2018
- Oh hell no, Scotty, you ain’t gettin’ out of this one!
Cannot tell you how many bets Scott made with us growing up that he NEVER followed through with. Edwin, I will drag him into your barber’s chair kicking and screaming. #50SavesForTheBlades https://t.co/wx19gvUT5x— Jackie Servais (@JackieServais) July 1, 2018
- *kisses fingers like an Italian chef*
- Rainiers won!
- Travs won!
- Nuts lost:
Nuts lose 7-4.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 2, 2018
Bryson Brigman 2-5
Evan White 1-4, R
Nick Zammarelli 1-4, R
Joe Rizzo 1-3, HBP
Anthony Jimenez 2-4, 2RBI
Gareth Morgan 1-4, HR, RBI
Kevin Santa 3-4, R
Luis Liberato 0-2, BB, SAC
Danny Garcia 3IP, 2H, 1R, 0BB, 2K
Jack Anderson 2IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 2K
- Lumberkings got rained out:
Today's game with the @TimberRattlers has been postponed due to rain. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader in Clinton August, date yet to be determined.— Clinton LumberKings (@LumberKings) July 1, 2018
RAINED OUT: https://t.co/2vqyQ2xe3i pic.twitter.com/UM1Zua6Zi1
- AquaSox played a double-header in Eugene that started at 4 PM so they’re probably still playing I’m guessing. Also, the Grateful Dead are still touring, how ‘bout that?
Another reminder that there is no @EverettAquaSox game tonight against the @EugeneEmeralds. The teams had to give way to the @GratefulDead concert tonight at Autzen Stadium. The Frogs and Ems will get "Truckin'" with a twinbill on Sunday beginning at 4:05 p.m. PDT. pic.twitter.com/zqI0BiLmpT— Pat Dillon (@AquaSoxRadio) June 30, 2018
- Guess who’s back? Back again. Rzep is back. Tell a friend:
.@Indians select LHP Marc Rzepczynski from Triple-A Columbus; option RHP Adam Plutko to Triple-A.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) July 1, 2018
- Diamondbacks reliever Archie Bradley found his doggo:
Crash is back home! I can’t begin to thank everyone enough for all the support and help! He is my best friends and I will forever be in debt to everyone who helped me find him. Thank you Twitter and to everyone in Arizona! Wouldn’t want to be or play anywhere else! #winforCrash pic.twitter.com/BUmDCPGu4F— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) July 1, 2018
- Here’s a wild ass thread:
Happy MLB Deferment Day!— Michael Mayer (@mikemayerMMO) July 1, 2018
This thread is dedicated to all (shocker Bobby Bonilla isn't the only one!) of the current and future deferment payments given to MLB players.
- Let’s check in the Twins, aka the Winners of the 2018 Offseason (tm):
Twins' outfield is now Logan Morrison in left field, Willians Astudillo in center field, and Robbie Grossman in right field.— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) June 30, 2018
This is, without question, the worst defensive outfield in Twins history, and I think there's a chance it's the worst defensive outfield in MLB history.
- The tides...they are turning:
The crowd just shut down the start of a Seahawks chant on the train. The Mariners are front and center right now. Hell yeah.— Lauraloo (@lauralooh) July 1, 2018
- In case you missed you it, he did it again:
- I don’t know why these are so funny to me, but they are. How is it possible that he’s always been a 50-year-old dad?