Good morning everyone! Baseball returns today, if even for just a single game. Meanwhile, here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic takes a look at some possible trade targets for the M’s as July winds down. ($)
- Major League Baseball missed its chance to market Jean Segura properly, writes Brent Stecker at The News Tribune.
- Top M’s prospect Julio Rodriguez is the man (until Jerry trades him in 2020 and makes me sad).
Around the league...
- Jeff Passan wrote in-depth about the Josh Hader problem.
- Major League Baseball released a statement on the Hader situation.
- Manny Machado is officially a Los Angeles Dodger; The Orioles dealt the infielder for five prospects.
- Meanwhile, let’s check in on Orioles fans.
- Should the Nationals consider dealing Bryce Harper? The ESPN staff ponders this question.
- The Angels punched back at Rob Manfred’s notion that Mike Trout doesn’t market himself very well.
- The Futures Game featured the future of black baseball players in America, writes Eric Longenhagen at Fangraphs.
- Mike Trout isn’t the only player who is on a historic start to the season, writes Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs.
- Vlad Guerrero, Jr. will return to action today after being shelved with a knee injury.
- Mina Kimes at ESPN did a feature on Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman and how she’s using her platform to change society for the better.