Good morning everyone! Happy All-Star Break to you all! Surprisingly, there wasn’t a whole lot of news around baseball yesterday. I guess the combination of it being a Sunday and the day before the All-Star Break began drove people away from their keyboards. But we’ve got some light links for you today. Enjoy!
In Mariners news...
- The M’s are trying to use the break as an opportunity to press the reset button.
Servais held a brief team meeting after the game. He told players to enjoy the break and clear their mind and not think about the games going into the break.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 15, 2018
Around the league...
- Things aren’t looking good in Boston...
Cora says there is “some serious damage” in Eduardo Rodriguez’s ankle. No surgery, though. Reevaluate in two weeks. Hopeful he will pitch again this season. Brian Johnson and Hector Velazquez both staying in rotation.— Chad Jennings (@chadjennings22) July 15, 2018
- And we’ve got some interesting news coming out of Minnesota.
For the amateur GMs/managers speculating why Fernando Rodney was in for the fifth, he was in early because had a flight to catch to Florida for an immigration hearing tomorrow. Had nothing to do with any other strategy.— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) July 15, 2018
- Marly Rivera at ESPN takes a look at José Ramírez’s career and how the third baseman evolved into who he is today.
- The Yankees are starting to lose favor in their attempt to land Manny Machado.