Give me your thoughts on the upcoming All-Star Break. Are you ready for a couple days off to take your mind off of baseball? Are you not ready for the great first half to come to an end? Do you plan on watching the All-Star festivities? I am curious to hear! Hopefully you are curious about the links.
In Mariners News...
- The Mariners don’t expect James Paxton’s back injury to linger.
#Mariners good news. Paxton (lower back stiffness) who exited after 2/3rds of IP Thur. Dipoto told me he'll go on DL, but plan was with AS break and IP build up to push back anyway. Sked to start v. #SFGiants 4th game of 2d half. Dipoto: "We don't think it is a lingering issue."— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) July 13, 2018
- The Mariners have suspended their sponsorship with Papa Johns.
The Mariners have suspended their relationship with Papa John's indefinitely, the club confirmed to The Seattle Times https://t.co/sNCibE41mC— Seattle Times Sports (@SeaTimesSports) July 13, 2018
- The Mariners marketing team got a shout out for their Send Segura campaign.
How the Mariners’ digital and physical marketing blitz helped get Jean Segura to the All-Star Game https://t.co/yaEk6WgJUJ— GeekWire (@geekwire) July 13, 2018
- Meg Rowley wrote about the wonderful Jean Segura.
- Speaking of Jean Segura, check out his All-Star Game jersey.
- Read up on the Mariners’ bullpen coach, Brian DeLunas.
- Billy Hamilton made the coolest catch ever.
OMG! pic.twitter.com/VvaOyo8pKS— MLB (@MLB) July 14, 2018
Around the League...
- Kyle Kumbier suggests a new approach to quality starts.
- Congrats to Chalie Morton and Blake Snell for being selected to play in the All-Star Game.
.@snellzilla11 and Charlie Morton have been named to the AL All-Star team to replace Corey Kluber and Aroldis Chapman (inactive for game). pic.twitter.com/Rtx8oWuY5Z— MLB (@MLB) July 13, 2018
- A knee injection is preventing Corey Kluber from playing in the All-Star Game.
Indians ace Corey Kluber receives knee injection, will miss All-Star Game @twithersAP #ASG https://t.co/1OiaK7n2Cf— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) July 13, 2018
- Chase Utley is planning to retire after the end of the season.
Chase Utley will announce his plan to retire at the end of the season, per @Joelsherman1 pic.twitter.com/uS3nTK78Go— Bleacher Report MLB (@BR_MLB) July 13, 2018
- Stephan Loftus wrote about Ryan Borucki and his lethal changeup.
- John Isner was in another marathon of a match yesterday.
After 6 hours and 36 minutes, it's finally over. Kevin Anderson defeats John Isner, 26-24, in the 5th set to advance to the @Wimbledon final.— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) July 13, 2018
It's the 2nd-longest match in Grand Slam history, only behind Isner vs Nicolas Mahut in Wimbledon 2010 (11 hours, 5 minutes). pic.twitter.com/zCFwEsdHHa