Good morning everyone! Great job getting Jean to the All-Star Game. I hope you all are feeling accomplished, especially after an M’s win. Here are some links as a reward for your success.
In Mariners news...
- TJ Cotterill takes a look at how the Mariners’ marketing team made #SendSegura happen.
- Corey Brock at The Athletic talked about the M’s new approach to coaching pitchers and how the three-pronged attack has helped develop the team’s arms this year.
- As a guy who went to a school in the northeast, I have heard these weather concerns in the past as well.
- Some very deep minors news.
OF Julio Rodriguez & RHP Jesus Ozoria named to Dominican Summer League All-Star Team.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 11, 2018
Around the league...
- Meanwhile in Houston...
Last night proves to be a tipping point for the Astros, who demoted Ken Giles to Triple-A Fresno today. This will be Giles' first time in Triple A since before he debuted for the Phillies in June 2014.— Jake Kaplan (@jakemkaplan) July 11, 2018
- If you have no idea what “last night” is referring to, here’s what happened two nights ago:
Ken Giles just said "F you man" to AJ Hinch when pulled after giving up two hits and not recording an out in the 9th. Please get rid of him. pic.twitter.com/jvoVh5bI6Y— Sam (@BootsMcGeev) July 11, 2018
- Things aren’t much better in Anaheim.
UPDATE: Garrett Richards underwent an MRI of his right elbow today in LA. The MRI revealed damage to his ulnar collateral ligament. Garrett was presented with both conservative care & surgical options to treat the injury. An updated plan of care will be provided when appropriate.— Angels (@Angels) July 11, 2018
- Mike’s got some ideas.
“You should be able to wear what you want, represent what you want.”-@MikeTrout to @AROD on how baseball can market their players better.— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) July 10, 2018
Full interview Tuesday July 17th, before the #AllStarGame pic.twitter.com/PZSkWZUZBw
- In case you missed it, there was a walk-off error in an Astros-A’s game recently. Grant Brisbee has the breakdown.
- The Orioles are reportedly only willing to trade Manny Machado to the Yankees if pitching prospect Justus Sheffield is coming the other way.
- However, don’t expect Machado to be dealt before the All-Star Game, says Whitney McIntosh.
- The Rangers DFA’d Austin Jackson before the outfielder even had a chance to appear in a game for the team.
- Bud Norris is apparently harassing young Cardinals fireballer Jordan Hicks.
- If you read this you might not ever be the same.