Good morning everyone! In case you missed it, here’s the Final Vote update.
1B Jesús Aguilar of the @Brewers and SS @Jeansegura02 of the @Mariners are your current leaders of the 2018 @CampingWorld All-Star #FinalVote. Voting ends on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. ET. Vote now at https://t.co/B3DJWKS3f0 pic.twitter.com/X9H9zgIXK3— MLB Communications (@MLB_PR) July 10, 2018
But don’t stop now! Go vote some more and make sure we #SendSegura. Meanwhile, here are some other links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- This is so awesome!
While talking to Segura, Dee Gordon chimed in periodically from the next locker— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) July 10, 2018
Segura: "As a professional, you have to handle that."
Gordon: "I'm not professional. He should've already been there."
Segura: "If I make it great, if not ..."
Gordon: "He's hitting .330."
- Corey Brock at The Athletic takes a look at how Jerry Dipoto changed the way things worked in the Mariners’ front office. ($)
- Brendan Gawlowski at The Athletic agrees: it’s time to extend Nelson Cruz. ($)
- Jason Churchill at Prospect Insider ranks the M’s top 40 prospects with the 2018 draft now having concluded.
Servais says they will likely make another roster move to add a starting pitcher for either Thursday or Friday. #Mariners— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) July 10, 2018
- Some Mariners minors news...
Modesto Nuts SP Colin Rodgers has retired from baseball. Acquired in a trade with the Royals during spring training.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 11, 2018
Around the league...
Mariners, Braves, Diamondbacks, Phillies among teams with scouts at Target Field for #MNTwins-#Royals. As oftentimes, hard to pinpoint normal scouting duties vs. trade specific work. Certainly a number of players on both sides are available.— Darren Wolfson (@DWolfsonKSTP) July 10, 2018
- Oh jeez.
Alen Hanson scores from first on an errant pick off attempt! pic.twitter.com/66eMrb95CT— SF Giants on NBCS (@NBCSGiants) July 10, 2018
- Beating the shift isn’t as easy as some people think it is. Hear it from the players themselves.
- David Schoenfeld lists one player each team should dangle as a trade chip to other clubs.
- Wow, this is gorgeous.
- And another All-Star replacement.
- Former Mariner alert...
LHP Andrew Albers drawing interest from MLB teams about coming back to the majors after the season, sources tell me. 9-1 w/ 2.59 ERA and 59/13 K/BB ratio with ORIX Buffaloes in Japan this year.— Robert Murray (@RobertMurrayFRS) July 10, 2018