Happy July! My birth month is upon us. Let’s all celebrate with some links.
In Mariners News...
- David Freitas is destroying the baseball in Tacoma.
David Freitas since rejoining Tacoma:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) July 1, 2018
8G, .467/.529/.600/1.129, 14H, 4 2B, 1R, 5RBI, 4BB, 3K. #Rainiers
- The Mariners’ turn ahead the clock night suggests that planets will join the MLB in the future.
PS you guys are all wrong, nobody is beating the powerhouse which is Saturn. pic.twitter.com/ursC7mOoCh— MLB (@MLB) July 1, 2018
- Nelson Cruz is very strong.
- Creativity on point.
Around the League...
- The Braves called up Max Fried, who struck out 11 batters in 6.2 scoreless innings last night.
Bourjos DFA’d by #Braves to make room for Fried called up to start tonight.— David O'Brien (@DOBrienAJC) June 30, 2018
- Angels pitcher John Lamb is scheduled to undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Scott Boras does not think the shift is fair.
- Bartolo Colon made history last night.
- Is Chris Sale good?
- Oh my gosh. Imagine if the Reds decided to use him as a reliever and as a pinch hitter.
- The international signing period begins tomorrow.
With the 2018-19 international signing period beginning Monday, @JesseSanchezMLB looks back at how the #Braves landed an unheralded 5'10", 160-pound kid named Ronald Acuña Jr. when everyone else missed on him: https://t.co/ifXnYuSyGJ pic.twitter.com/j5XbogGGZD— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) June 30, 2018
- The Twins called up a player who Jeff Sullivan called the weirdest player in the minors.
- Jeff Sullivan also talked about the most dominant minor league arm.
- Continue tracking my hoopfest team using this link. Just look me up by last name!