Today is the beginning of Spokane’s annual Hoopfest tournament. It’s the best weekend of all time. If you want to follow my team, or any other team for that matter, you can track teams and players using this link.
On a more Mariners-oriented thought, how about Mike Zunino’s 454 foot dinger?
To the upper reaches of the upper deck!— #Statcast (@statcast) June 30, 2018
This 116 mph, 454-foot blast from @Mariners slugger Mike Zunino is the hardest HR hit at Safeco Field since #Statcast began tracking in 2015. pic.twitter.com/4s0wykmXT5
The Mariners are back to 21 games above .500 and hold a seven-game lead over the Athletics for the second wild card spot. Great stuff. Now onto the links.
In Mariners News...
- Shannon Drayer talked with Edwin Diaz about his recent day off.
- Go Rainiers.
Around the League...
- Read up on the 2018 MLB Draft’s prospects.
- Also check out international prospect scouting reports.
- Former Mariner Taylor Motter is headed to the DL.
The Twins have announced that Taylor Motter has landed on the 7-day concussion DL, Willians Astudillo has been called up from Rochester and Felix Jorge has been DFA'd to make room for Astudillo on the 40-man.— LaVelle E. Neal III (@LaVelleNeal) June 29, 2018
- Former Mariner prospect Pablo Lopez has gone from Modesto to the majors in a year.
On this date 1 year ago, RHP Pablo López had a 5.77 ERA with High-A Modesto (Mariners affiliate).— Fish Stripes (@fishstripes) June 29, 2018
He will become a major league starting pitcher this weekend https://t.co/jzdvD903j7 pic.twitter.com/ZEoAToCbV5
- Former Mariner Paul Fry got called up to Baltimore.
.@Orioles select LHP Paul Fry, RHP Ryan Meisinger from Triple-A Norfolk; option RHPs Yefry Ramírez, Jimmy Yacabonis to Triple-A; transfer RHP Darren O'Day to 60-day DL; designate INF Corban Joseph for assignment.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) June 29, 2018
- I’m confused.
sir, this is a Wendy's— Miami Marlins (@Marlins) June 29, 2018
- Shout out to Matthew for finding this. Deion Sanders tallied eight hits for the Braves in the 1992 World Series.
- Read up on Jevon Moore and the work he’s done in the mental health field for college athletes.
Tonight is Turn Ahead the Clock Night and we’re excited to have Amanda making her grand re-entrance to LL in order to recap it. In case you missed it, definitely check out this story from Corey Brock for the Athletic ($) where he caught up with a lot of the major players (on the field and off) involved in the first TATC night. Spoiler alert: a lot of the players saw their future bald selves on the video board that night.