I turned in a final project last night. It isn’t due until tonight. This is groundbreaking for me. I’m a tried and true procrastinator. I need to reflect on this experience and see if this school work ethic will be a permanent change or a one-time occurrence. Fortunately for the Lookout Landing community, the links are a daily occurrence. Let’s celebrate.
In Mariners News...
- A Dee Gordon shoutout on MLB Gifs.
- In case you didn’t see it, Dee Gordon was hitting off a tee after Friday night’s extra-inning win.
- Here’s some insight on the trading relationship between the Rays and the Mariners.
- This projection gives the Mariners a 58.7% chance of making the playoffs.
ZiPS mean projections for final standings and playoff probs, 6/2/18. pic.twitter.com/oKAiMC7rSR— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) June 2, 2018
- The Mariners acquired David Schlereth.
Another day, another signing.— Reporter Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) June 2, 2018
Mariners have added 32-year-old reliever Daniel Schlereth. The lefty hasn't pitched in the bigs since 2012, and spent last season in the Marlins organization, mostly in Double-A. He'll report to Arkansas. CC: @MiLBMariners. https://t.co/eyBbKhCelQ
- Mark Schlereth congratulated his son on his signing.
Way to go son! I couldn’t be more proud of your work ethic, dogged determination, and the man you’ve become! Remember the story of the man who gave up too soon… Neither does anybody else! You keep busting your ass and I’ll keep being your biggest supporter! I LOVE U. Love daddy. https://t.co/JHeapLIBKd— mark schlereth (@markschlereth) June 2, 2018
- Interesting Mariners pitching stat.
- Eric FIlia tallied five hits Friday night for the Arkansas Travelers.
- Learn more about Rainiers pitcher Lindsey Caughel off of field.
- Dominican Summer League baseball is live.
DSL Mariners win 13-2!— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 2, 2018
Julio Rodriguez 1-3, 3R, 2BB
Juan Querecuto Jr 2-5, 2R
Robert Perez Jr 1-4, HR, 3RBI, BB
Luis Veloz 1-4, HR, RBI, BB
Freuddy Batista 2-3, HR, 3R, 2RBI, 2BB
Danny Santos 4-5, 3B, 5RBI
Juan Mercedes 5IP, 6H, 0R, 0BB, 8K, WIN
- The Rays gave something to Denard Span to honor his 10th year in the bigs.
- Ross Detwiler is now a Rainier.
Rainiers roster moves:— Mike Curto (@CurtoWorld) June 2, 2018
Sent OF Jansiel Rivera to extended spring, RHP Darren McCaughan to Modesto, INF Zach Vincej to disabled list.
Add OF Andrew Aplin from AA, LHP Ross Detwiler from York (indy), RHP Tyler Higgins from New Britain (indy).
- TJ Cotterill wrote about Mariners bullpen roles with Jake.
- Hisashi Iwakuma threw an extended bullpen session yesterday.
Around the League...
- The Cubs struck-out 24 times in a game but still won.
- Here’s a fancy replay look at a fancy slide.
- This is in the running for the best hashtag in MLB.
- Marlins throwback.
- The Angels are honoring Albert Pujols for his 3000-hit career.
Nailed it!— Angels (@Angels) June 3, 2018
Tonight, the Angels will present @PujolsFive with this unique portrait to commemorate his 3,000th career hit. The artist used approximately 9858 screws to create the piece. The 9858 represent the number of at bats Albert needed to attain 3,000 hits. #Pujols3000 pic.twitter.com/oRakwOTPMj
- Husky Softball plays Oklahoma tomorrow morning on ESPN.
- Husky Baseball knocked off the hosting Coastal Carolina 11-6. They’ve won their first two postseason games.