Good morning everyone! The Mariners are pretty exciting, huh? While you await for the M’s to attempt to complete the sweep tonight, here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic takes a look back at the original Turn Ahead the Clock Night. ($)
- These are pretty cool.
"It was a pretty special conversation for me."— Mariners (@Mariners) June 27, 2018
Kyle Seager tells the story behind the day he got the call every young ball player dreams about. pic.twitter.com/TdnMMLurTr
- Goodbye, Jayson Werth.
- Nellie should be returning soon.
Nelson Cruz said his back is feeling much better. He plans to play tomorrow.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 27, 2018
Around the league...
- This is neat!. Also, the Safeco result is unsurprising.
- In the latest edition of “Learning and Developing A Pitch” with David Laurila at Fangraphs, James Paxton talks about his cutter/slider.
- The Tigers have forced pitching coach Chris Bosio out of the organization. Bosio reportedly was using racist language towards a team employee.
The Detroit Tigers today issued the following statement on Chris Bosio. pic.twitter.com/qWo1UxBPd3— Tigers PR (@DetroitTigersPR) June 27, 2018
- A minor signing.
Just announced: #RedSox sign free-agent 2B Brandon Phillips to minor-league deal.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) June 27, 2018
- Yu Darvish worries how his kids would have been treated at school if he had decided to re-sign with the Dodgers in the offseason.
- Recent negotiations between the MLB and MLBPA have centered around loosening restrictions on shoes for players.
- Bradford Doolittle wonders where Matt Kemp: Star Player came from.
- David Schoenfeld lists the best pitching performance of all time for every MLB club.
- One of the top high school football prospects is also one of the top baseball prospects.
- Shohei Ohtani is likely to return to the Angels this season, even if he just comes back as a hitter.
- Meanwhile, Zack Cozart will undergo surgery on his shoulder.
- Dodgers infielder Max Muncy hit a home run yesterday that later hit Albert Almora in the head.
- The Oregon State baseball team came back against Arkansas to force a winner-take-all game in the College World Series today.
- South Korea knocked Germany out of the World Cup yesterday and the Mexican fans were pretty happy about it.