Hey everyone! Today’s dose of links is pretty light due to a slow Sunday news cycle in the baseball world. But with trade season coming upon us, things should pick up in short order. Here’s what we’ve got on the menu for you today.
In Mariners news...
- Get your tickets!
The future is coming back.— Mariners (@Mariners) June 22, 2018
Snag a Turn Ahead The Clock snapback cap when you join us on June 30—you don't want to miss this one. #TurnAheadTheClock
️ https://t.co/KwlGWddJlR pic.twitter.com/vjhDhS0UAz
- Jon Morosi talks about what the M’s could do at this upcoming trade deadline and reveals that Seattle nearly acquired left-handed starter Matthew Boyd two winters ago.
Around the league...
- Even though Bryce Harper is likely out the door at the end of the season, Buster Olney thinks the Nationals are built to last.
- Amazin’ Avenue doesn’t think the Mets are going to deal Jacob deGrom away this summer, which is probably good news for M’s fans since the Angels were a rumored potential destination for the right-hander.
- The Padres are showing interest in Phillies third baseman Maikel Franco.
- Gary Sánchez is likely headed to the disabled list after exiting a recent game with a leg injury.
- The Oakland A’s recently set a record with at least one home run in 25 straight games away from home.
- Despite rumors to the contrary, Hanley Ramírez is not in fact under federal investigation.