These are dedicated to Mitch Mounger, whose birthday is today. The Mariners’ gift to my dad was halting the losing skid yesterday. Maybe they’ll get him a win on his birthday to add to the present. We will see. As for the links, it will be shared with you all as a gift to the public.
In Mariners News...
- Chris Herrmann talked about similarities between himself and Mike Leake.
Chris Herrmann who caught Mike Leake in the #Mariners win "We are a little similar. He's creative, an artist. I'm a little bit of an artist myself. He tells me to be creative behind the plate, I'm trying to mix it with all of his pitches. That was really fantastic tonight."— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) June 24, 2018
- Mike Leake is low key on a tear.
Mike Leake has worked 8.0 innings in 3 of his last 6 starts and has gone at least 6.0 innings in each of his last 7 starts (5/22-c). Leake has allowed 2 or fewer earned runs in 6 of his last 7 starts. #Mariners— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) June 24, 2018
- Mitch Haniger’s hard work has paid off.
Mitch Haniger was sent from Double-A down to Class A — at his own request — 3 years ago. Now he’s an All-Star candidate for the @Mariners and played a key role in tonight’s win at Fenway. @MLB https://t.co/PoV5ihyqrH— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) June 24, 2018
- Chuck Taylor has been dominant over his last 20 games.
Chuck Taylor’s last 20 games:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) June 24, 2018
.347/.441/.467/.908, 26H, 6 2B, 1HR, 17R, 20RBI, 13BB, 7K. #ARTravs
- The Mariners are hopeful that Jean Segura will play tomorrow.
Jean Segura described the process of removing the infection from his forearm. It involved squeezing pus out of it and then cutting it open.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 24, 2018
Around the League...
- Vahe Gregorian discusses the possibility of the Royals signing Luke Heimlich.
- Luis Valbuena deserves an award for this bat flip.
- Speaking of bat flips, how about some bat flip statcast.
The official Batcast™ numbers are in on Max Muncy's bat flip. pic.twitter.com/JcKW1e6Fdx— Cut4 (@Cut4) June 24, 2018
- Trevor Bauer leads the American League in double-digit strikeout games.
Those 7 double-digit strikeout games lead the AL. https://t.co/De8VCLCIwg— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) June 24, 2018
- Nothing is better than a pitcher grand slam.
- Rangers slugger Joey Gallo is had to leave yesterday’s game early.
Joey Gallo left today's game with left hamstring tightness. Ronald Guzman takes over at 1B.— Texas Rangers (@Rangers) June 23, 2018
- Check out every pitch Max Scherzer has tallied a strikeout with since 2008.
- All about the brand.