Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Here are your last links of the week from me before Luke takes over for the weekend. Enjoy!
In Mariners news...
- Some updates on some Mariners draft picks:
Mariners have signed Beau Branton, SS out of Stanford. He was their 28th round pick. Only one of top 30 unsigned now is third rounder Cal Raleigh, catcher out of Florida State.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 21, 2018
For those who've asked, apparently third-round pick Cal Raleigh is pondering a return to Florida State. Not surprising since he's only top 30 pick still unsigned. https://t.co/YMPDgTHikk— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 21, 2018
- I guess I missed this, but it’s pretty funny.
- The News Tribune profiled longtime Mariners farmhand Ian Miller, who is still waiting for his call-up to the bigs.
- In case you missed it, Ichiro wore a funky disguise in the dugout yesterday.
Around the league...
- Major League Baseball has banned all transactions between its clubs and Mexican teams. Jeff Passan has the scoop.
- The White Sox have cut ties with former Mariners outfielder Michael Saunders.
- Grant Brisbee isn’t convinced that the rising strikeout rate is making a big difference in the sport.
- The Phillies have some interest in Manny Machado — which is expected — and Adrián Beltré — which is a little surprising.
- Dan Straily has been suspended for five games while Don Mattingly will sit for one due to a situation that occurred between the Marlins and Giants.
- Hunter Strickland insists that he doesn’t have an anger issue after injuring himself by punching a door.