Hey folks and Happy Paxton Day! Today’s pitching matchup might be a preview of the Wild Card game, which is pretty neat. Enough about that though, here are those links you came for.
In Mariners news...
- Mitch Haniger got some love on MLB Network.
- Well that would sure be...something.
Ichiro got a good laugh hearing that Servais was lobbying for him to hit in the HR Derby. Said he wouldn’t want to see baseball break with the long tradition of having active players only participate. Said he would be open to throwing in the derby however.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) June 20, 2018
- This will probably make some people feel bummed.
Ichiro said he planned to participate in the home run derby in 2008 at Yankee stadium. But he injured his finger and couldn’t do it.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 20, 2018
- Several Modesto Nuts players impressed in the California League All-Star Game.
- The New York Times says it was the Jean Segura/Mitch Haniger trade that transformed the Mariners.
Around the league...
- Meg Rowley at Fangraphs checks in on what the American League playoff picture looks like right now.
- I love this.
- For all of you architecture nerds, David Kagan at The Hardball Times takes a look at what it takes to blow up a ballpark.
- Oh man this is incredible.
Ejection of the Day featuring SK manager Trey Hillman and team interpreter.— Dan Kurtz (@MyKBO) June 20, 2018
Video features the play in question involving Darin Ruf and Lee Jae-won at home, the replay review, argument and ejection pic.twitter.com/FZcYgPlEeU
- Things aren’t looking good for the Cardinals.
Tough news for the #STLCards who now lose starter Michael Wacha with a strained oblique and DL stint. They haven’t had a starter go six full innings in a week— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) June 20, 2018