Happy Saturday friends! I’m posting the links from Billings, Montana. This has set me on the likely unattainable dream of posting the links from every state in the country. Wish me luck! Now kick your weekend off right with some fresh links.
In Mariners News...
- The Caveliers should consider signing Dee Gordon.
Dee Gordon told me last year, smiling, that he “is the best basketball player in the major leagues.” He said, smiling “No one can keep me out of the lane, I can dunk any way you like and I can really shoot the three.” #bestofalltim— Tim Kurkjian (@Kurkjian_ESPN) June 1, 2018
- Look back at Rashaad Penny throwing out the first pitch.
- Brendan Gawlowski takes a look at Kyle Seager’s start to the season.
- The Mariners added some pitching yesterday.
Per the Atlantic League transactions, the #Mariners have signed reliever Tyler Higgins (who spent all of 2016 & 2017 with Double-A Jacksonville in the Marlins organization), and 32-year-old lefty Ross Detwiler, who has spent parts of nine seasons in the majors. CC: @MiLBMariners— Reporter Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) June 1, 2018
- In case you missed it, Marc Rzepczynski
Servais on DFA'ing Rzepczynski: "This is a ‘do good’ league. You do good, you stay. It doesn’t make it any easier with a guy who has that much service time and has been around."— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 1, 2018
Mariners "left door open" for Zep to go to Tacoma if he doesn't get claimed by another team.
- Mike Zunino was given the night off after experiencing a quad issue.
Mariners giving Mike Zunino the start off today after feeling cramp in his quad last night. "Just precautionary there," Servais said. "He could show up late in the game today if we needed him."— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) June 1, 2018
Around the League...
- Ciara and Russell Wilson are helping bring a MLB team to Portland.
JUST IN: Seattle Seahawks QB @DangeRussWilson & his wife @ciara have made a financial commitment to bring an MLB team to Portland through the Portland Diamond Project. Wilson also has made a commitment to group trying to bring an NBA team back to Seattle.— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) June 1, 2018
- DJ LeMahieu is back for the Rockies.
Rockies re-instate DJ LeMahieu, place David Dahl on DL with broken foot https://t.co/WccqSPDkwx— Purple Row (@PurpleRow) June 1, 2018
- Clayton Kershaw is headed to the disabled list.
It looks like the Dodgers will DL Clayton Kershaw and promote Brock Stewart.— Pedro Moura (@pedromoura) June 1, 2018
- Danny Duffy had some fun with written advice from a fan.
- Here is another FanGraphs mock draft.
- That’s a name if I’ve ever seen one.
THE GATES ARE OPEN!— Razorback Baseball (@RazorbackBSB) June 1, 2018
Jax Biggers gets in on the fun with a two-run shot to RF!
6-1 Razorbacks! pic.twitter.com/jG8WuI6KIo
- Josh Donaldson is headed to the DL.
Blue Jays place Josh Donaldson on 10-day disabled list https://t.co/sTJymwCHmr— HardballTalk (@HardballTalk) June 1, 2018
- Former Mariner Danny Farquhar threw the first pitch for the White Sox game last night.
- Mariners legend Mallex Smith came home to Safeco last night.
- Mariners legend Mallex Smith is leading the league in a unique category.
Most singles this season with sprint speeds of 29+ ft/sec:— David Adler (@_dadler) June 2, 2018
1. Mallex Smith: 13
2. Dee Gordon: 11
3. Jose Altuve: 10
4-T. Jose Peraza: 9
4-T. Jean Segura: 9 https://t.co/MUPejTRloU
- The Huskies won their first game of their regional againts UConn. They play Coastal Carolina tomorrow.