Happy Father’s Day! If you’re anything like me, Father’s Day has come out of nowhere. I have no card or anything yet, which I feel pretty bad about; however, I shall provide him with the gift of the links. That should suffice.
In Mariners News...
- Bryan Evans is rejoining the Mariners organization after 11 starts in Mexico. Also, I can’t decide if Evans looks more like Nick Vincent of Joe Beimel.
Starter Bryan Evans is heading back to the Mariners organization after a stint in the Mexican League. Evans, who made six starts in Arkansas and one in Tacoma last year, has gone 3-3 with a 4.82 ERA in 11 starts with Bravos de León. CC: @MiLBMariners https://t.co/aUrMWm2LjF— Reporter Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) June 16, 2018
- Nick Vincent is nearing a return to the bullpen.
Nick Vincent (on DL with strained groin) threw a bullpen session and says it went well. He’s ready to head out on rehab assignment and could rejoin Mariners in middle of upcoming east coast trip. So bullpen reinforcements on way.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 16, 2018
- Bryson Brigman changed up his swing and is seeing better results.
- The Mariners outrighted Mike Morins’ contract to Tacoma.
The #Mariners have outrighted the contract of RHP Mike Morin to AAA Tacoma. (Morin was designated for assignment on Thursday). Seattle's ML roster remains at 39 players.— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) June 16, 2018
- Here is some insight on Holden Law.
16th-rder Holden Laws' bonus from @Mariners is $200k ($75k vs pool). North Carolina HS LHP, lot of projection in 6-2/166 frame, touches 90 mph w/fastball. North Carolina State recruit.— Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) June 16, 2018
- Edwin Diaz got some love from the MLB Twitter account.
- In case you missed it, Wade LeBlanc went off.
Around the League...
- Matt Chapman of the Athletics is headed to the DL. The A’s called up Franklin Barreto in response.
- It’s a fun time to be a baseball fan.
On pace for....— Hot Stove Stats (@HotStoveStats) June 15, 2018
Mike Trout - 14.3 WAR
Mookie Betts - 11.9 WAR
Jose Ramirez - 11.0 WAR
Francisco Lindor - 9.8 WAR
Matt Chapman - 9.5 WAR
Freddie Freeman - 8.7 WAR
No season in MLB history has seen more than 4 players put up 9+ WAR. So many great players right now. Soak it in.
- Check out this analysis of Chris Davis’ rough start to the season.
- Joe DeMers pitched very well for the Huskies last night, but Washington fell to Mississippi State in their first game of the College World Series.
- Phil Mickelson riled up the golf internet community with this mishap yesterday.