Good morning everyone! Here are some links to get your Friday started.
In Mariners news...
I made a bot that learned from 100,000 of your positive Mariners baseball tweets and this is what it composed pic.twitter.com/MqIxdHuCTN— Jeff Sullivan (@based_ball) June 14, 2018
- The Everett AquaSox have announced their Opening Day roster.
- M’s prospect Donnie Walton changed his swing and earned his way to a promotion to Double-A.
Around the league...
- Oh jeez...it’s too early for tears.
Mississippi State fan surprised his dad who has Alzheimer’s with tickets to the CWS. This gives me chills ❤️pic.twitter.com/GB2heBykbc— Baseball King™ (@BasebaIlKing) June 14, 2018
- Because you need to see this today.
Here's an old random photo I just stumbled upon. Drew Barrymore and Justin Long in Florida Marlins gear? For some reason? pic.twitter.com/wm05ftT4fM— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) June 14, 2018
- Here are some things to come out of the owners meetings.
MLB owners meetings have concluded. A few nuggets from Rob Manfred. With attendance still down 7% despite better weather, he signals new concern that are other issues at play besides rain/cold. '19 schedule could have some new tweaks inc 2-gm wknd series /1— Eric Fisher (@EricFisherSBJ) June 14, 2018
- The Twins have optioned infielder Miguel Sanó. He will report to their High-A club.
- Sick burn on Chris Davis, guys.
- Adrián Beltré just broke the record for the most base hits by an international player, surpassing Ichiro.
- Travis Sawchik thinks that the Blue Jays should look towards 2020 at this point rather than focusing on the present.
- The Indians have DFA’d outfielder Melky Cabrera.
- Royals Review thinks that Kansas City should strongly consider dealing Mike Moustakas.
- This Korean umpire got so animated during his strikeout call that he actually injured the catcher.