Good morning everyone! I hope you’re all having a pleasant week and enjoyed watching the M’s crush the Angels. The Mariners have a big test this weekend starting with the series opener against the Red Sox tonight. Should be a good one. Here are some links to keep you occupied in the interim.
In Mariners news...
- It looks like the Mariners are making progress with their draft picks.
#Mariners announce the signing of 29 picks of 40 picks. Top pick Logan Gilbert is still unsigned. But that should be done soon with Gilbert making an appearance at Safeco Field this weekend. pic.twitter.com/WuGEDuSiRi— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) June 12, 2018
- The Mariners might be benefitting from some luck, but they deserve some luck at this point according to Ben Lindbergh at The Ringer.
- The M’s could be getting bullpen help in the near future.
Servais says the @Mariners could possibly activate relievers Nick Vincent and Juan Nicasio from the DL early on in the road trip that starts next week.— Brent Stecker (@BrentStecker) June 13, 2018
This can't but true, but it is! Mitch Haniger has two walk-off home runs this month. Griffey had one his entire Mariners career.— David Schoenfield (@dschoenfield) June 14, 2018
Around the league...
- Travis Sawchik thinks that the Reds should change their strategy with Billy Hamilton and wonders if maybe the Mariners could find use for his services.
- Meanwhile in Queens...
Assuming the Mets don't come back in the 9th, Jacob deGrom will be the first pitcher since Randy Johnson of the 1999 D-backs to make 5 straight starts of 7+ IP and ≤ 2 ER, and see his team lose each one.— Andrew Simon (@AndrewSimonMLB) June 13, 2018
Callaway said the morale in the dugout has been awful during deGrom's starts lately. Todd Frazier said he apologized to Jake after today's game.— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) June 13, 2018
- Former Mariners reliever Steve Cishek made an appearance in left field last night.
- Oh my god.
Neftali Ruiz: 18 of top 20 July 2, 2018 prospects test positive for banned substances; verbal contracts to be nullified | Noticias SIN https://t.co/hv9aoikBUe— Stan (@Crewsett) June 14, 2018
- Dodgers infielder Max Muncy has been on a tear lately. Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs takes a look at the company he’s in these days offensively.
- Noah Syndergaard faced a setback when a second opinion revealed that he has a strained ligament in his finger.
BREAKING: Spain manager Julen Lopetegui has been sacked just two days before their first World Cup game pic.twitter.com/bLXHKohSWj— B/R Football (@brfootball) June 13, 2018