Hey everyone! Happy Monday. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, even though the M’s fell back a little bit in the standings. But if you hadn’t noticed, the M’s schedule is going to be pretty easy for the next few weeks. Hopefully they can take advantage. Today is an off-day, sadly, so here are some links to help keep you occupied.
In Mariners news...
- The University of Washington men’s basketball head coach Mike Hopkins stopped by to the M’s game yesterday.
- It had to happen some time.
Good morning. The Mariners did something last night. I did this as well. pic.twitter.com/3Sx8L23Eqq— C.J. Tumbarello (@TumbarelloHB) May 6, 2018
Around the league...
- The Mets just can’t keep their pitchers healthy.
The Mets have changed their minds. Jacob deGrom will not start Monday in Cincinnati. The team will DL him. He's likely to miss only one start.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) May 6, 2018
- Speaking of important starters getting hurt...
Today, the Dodgers placed Clayton Kershaw on the 10-day DL with left bicep tendonitis and recalled Brock Stewart from Triple-A Oklahoma City.— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) May 6, 2018
- Yoenis Cespedes also exited yesterday’s game with the Mets due to hip tightness.
- So I hear strikeouts are on the rise.
This week in baseball:— David Adler (@_dadler) May 6, 2018
James Paxton 16 K's
Gerrit Cole 16 K's
Max Scherzer 15 K's
The last time MLB had so many 15-strikeout games in such a short timespan was in 1998.
8/25: Roger Clemens 18 K's
8/26: Kerry Wood 16 K's
8/28: Randy Johnson 16 K's
8/29: Sterling Hitchcock 15 K's
- Collin McHugh was the first player to make use of the Diamondbacks bullpen cart.
- Craig Kimbrel became the fastest reliever to ever get to 300 career saves.
- Yadier Molina will be out for a month after surgery to repair a groin injury.