Dropping the first meeting with the Angels of the year isn’t ideal, but it was great to watch Albert Pujols record his 3000th career hit.
The moment Albert Pujols made history. pic.twitter.com/BP1UHZ2USr— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 5, 2018
Beyond Albert’s amazing accomplishment, there are a few other stories I hope to share with you in the form of links. Enjoy!
In Mariners News...
- Patrick Dubuque reflects on the end to Ichiro’s playing career.
- This quote kind of makes me emotional.
“I have a manager who has a lot of heart, who cares about players... what I feel now is that I want to do whatever I can for our manager. I haven’t felt that in a long time, where I want to really play hard for a human being, and he’s definitely one of them.”— Lydia Cruz (@TheLydiaCruz) May 4, 2018
Ichiro (future HOF)
- Logan Morrison and Jake Odorizzi planned to visit former Mariner Danny Farquhar in the hospital yesterday.
- Graham MacAree wrote about Ichiro’s career of constantly proving the doubters wrong.
- Ariel Sandoval of the Clinton LumberKings hit a dinger that may have never landed last night.
When Ariel Sandoval crushes a home run, he really crushes it! This one still hasn't landed! @LumberKings @MWLtraveler @MidwestLeaguer @MiLB @MiLBMariners @Mariners @MarinersPR #TouchThemAll pic.twitter.com/YV7LQOsv8k— Mike Sorenson (@MikeSorenson1) May 5, 2018
Around the League...
- Portland is looking to acquire a minor league baseball team.
- This article grades the return on the offseason’s biggest moves. There is a Dee Gordon appearance.
- Jose Bautista wrote a thank you letter to Toronto, reflecting on his career with the Blue Jays.
- Matt Harvey is no longer with the Mets.
The #mets have designated Matt Harvey for assignment after he refused to go to the minors. Sandy Alderson just announced it.— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) May 4, 2018
- Kerry Wood looks back on his 20 strikeout performance in 1998.
- The city of Seattle rules that Mae the Raccoon cannot return to her previous home because raccoons are not legally allowed to be pets.