Good morning everyone! Today I’ll be making the long drive down to Central Oregon for the summer. Hopefully I’ll get there in time to watch the M’s game tonight. Meanwhile, here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- Some Mariners injury updates:
Jean Segura and Dee Gordon both taking grounders at shortstop in pregame work. Good sign. Segura back in lineup tonight. Gordon can come off DL on Thursday if broken big toe is OK.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) May 29, 2018
- You go, Angie!
- The Mariners and Jayson Werth have agreed to extend the outfielder’s opt-out clause. So for now, he will remain in Tacoma.
- Corey Brock at The Athletic took a look at how Marco Gonzales’ curveball has led to his transformation this season. ($)
- Congrats, Evan!
- Good news for all of you commuters out there!
Mariners and Sound Transit extended the light rail offer, which was originally scheduled to end on June 3rd, to July 8th.— Kevin Shockey (@KevinShockey) May 29, 2018
So free light rail trips continue on game day when you have your tickets
- Needed this content.
I was the first,— Ryan Rowland-Smith (@hyphen18) May 30, 2018
I was the only...
Until these two had to come along and rip away my only claim to fame!
Great to meet these fellow hyphenators
They were extremely courteous & punctual!@Mariners @Rangers pic.twitter.com/mR8uwQfEvi
- Man, I love this team.
Around the league...
- The staff of The Athletic released their first MLB mock draft in which they have the Mariners taking Oregon State outfielder Trevor Larnach. ($)
- Aaron Judge has a very unorthodox way of going about his success, but his teammates are finally starting to respect his methods. ($)
- Former MLB starter A.J. Burnett wrote about his experience with the late Roy Halladay in an emotional piece on The Players’ Tribune.
- As the Mets continue their spiral towards 2017 Mariners-dom.
Noah Syndergaard goes on DL with strained finger ligament in latest dose of tough news for the #Mets— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) May 29, 2018
- The ESPN MLB staff got together to discuss what they think of the current league standings.
- Lookout Landing alum Meg Rowley took a deep dive into the Mets’ batting order mishap from earlier in the month.
- Mookie Betts has missed several games for the Red Sox now and will likely be out until Thursday.
- The comedy band known as The Lonely Island wrote a song about Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco. (NSFW)
- Madison Bumgarner is on track to make his first start of the season next week.
- Dang, this is pretty freaking cute.